Track Bar/Drag Link Angles

WJCO

Meme King
I went through something similar as well, but it was death wobble. Literally immediately after a lift kit. I also had bump steer. I finally tracked it down to a track bar bolt to fix the death wobble and a drag link flip to fix the bump steer. Took months and many $$$$$ throwing parts at it.

MDK210

Possibly ball joints or unit bearings. As mentioned everything looks good. Do you have adjustable lower control arms?
No, the kit used cam washers apparently so instead of asking if I wanted LCA they just did those. Alignment turned out good though so I’m not really sure if LCA are necessary still.

MDK210

I went through something similar as well, but it was death wobble. Literally immediately after a lift kit. I also had bump steer. I finally tracked it down to a track bar bolt to fix the death wobble and a drag link flip to fix the bump steer. Took months and many $$$$$ throwing parts at it.
I hear ya and I’m still on the hunt for my issue. There’s only so much you can replace but I’ve had 3 shops and the dealer test for bad unit bearings and ball joints which all came back good. When I throw my buddies wheels/tires on that will eliminate yet another thing to try.

MDK210

I agree with possible Balljoint problem. I wore out a set in about 15k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
If the different set of wheels/tires have the same issue then I agree. I just hate spending that kind of money on parts and labor. I’ve see the write up on here and videos of how to install but still looks like a pain in the ass.

BaddestCross

If the different set of wheels/tires have the same issue then I agree. I just hate spending that kind of money on parts and labor. I’ve see the write up on here and videos of how to install but still looks like a pain in the ass.
It's easy enough to check the ball joints and unit bearings yourself. Check them yourself and you'll know for sure instead of relying on someone who may or may not know what they're talking about.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Ok so my 2016 steering wheel was going back and forth between 40-55mph I checked everything torque etc. took it today to American tires and the balance was way off and now it ok. I can still feel a little bit around 50mph does that sound normal. Sorry for the hyjack of the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom