Traction control going apeshit

Spudcannons

My traction control is going apeshit at strange times after I went wheeling this weekend. Some corners but not sharp ones. On straits with a bit of crown or when it just feels like messing with me. Any thoughts? 32* psi right now

David1tontj

Is there a Wheel speed sensor on a jk? There has to be...

I've had a wheel speed sensor wire in my pickup get caught on some sticks while hunting... Did all kids of crazy stuff. Might look into that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I've had a wheel speed sensor wire in my pickup get caught on some sticks while hunting... Did all kids of crazy stuff. Might look into that.

If there is a cut on the JK wires it'll normally throw the esc and abs lights on the dash right away. And they will stay on.

David1tontj

If there is a cut on the JK wires it'll normally throw the esc and abs lights on the dash right away. And they will stay on.

Good to know.
Mine was a 2006 Chevy pickup and it did some CRAZY stuff. Brakes were pulsing into corners and hardly even working. I pulled the abs fuses until I could get home.

Spudcannons

The wheel appears to be straight with the tires dead straight, damn close if not perfect. It could have some shit stuck in the wheels or messed up a wire but I would think it would trip a code... Would being geared too low do anything?

JAGS

Hooked
The wheel appears to be straight with the tires dead straight, damn close if not perfect. It could have some shit stuck in the wheels or messed up a wire but I would think it would trip a code... Would being geared too low do anything?

Did you just/recently have work done on your jeep? Something could be off on the set up

ChaosNein

This might be a dumb question... But I am going to ask anyways. Does youe ECU know that you are running larger tires. What I mean is have you programmed your larger tire via an AEV ProCal or SuperChips or the like?

ChaosNein

AEV says measure the tire and do not go off what is on the tire itself. Not all 35" tire are the same size... This might help...

BlackHawk08jk

If your wires were cut like overlander said the lights would be on all the time, and you traction control would not work at all. Mine would do that to after I put bigger tires on. My steering wheel would not stay straight, so it always did that so I just cut my wire not the best solution, but I don't mess with tc anymore lol

Spudcannons

AEV says measure the tire and do not go off what is on the tire itself. Not all 35" tire are the same size... This might help...

Hey Drew,

I am looking to get a tire carrier and really like the evo with the rock corners and saw some with a tube slider at the bottom of the corners. How can I go about getting some?

Top Bottom