Trade in advice.

Elmacho

Also, when buying a new car, refer to this US News article on Fees, and which ones you should fight back on. (Processing, Delivery, paint/fabric protection, Advertizing, etc)...

Absolutely! If you can't see it, you don't pay for it. I always use the argument of how do I know you protected the paint? Isnt the paint under warranty? Is there something wrong with the paint that you have to "Treat" it before I buy it? Pretty soon that $500 line item is no longer there. Depending on what options you want, you can save some money on Navigation and Remote start if you start working a deal on a Rubicon without those options and make the dealer throw it in for free.

BlackKnight

Absolutely! If you can't see it, you don't pay for it. I always use the argument of how do I know you protected the paint? Isnt the paint under warranty? Is there something wrong with the paint that you have to "Treat" it before I buy it? Pretty soon that $500 line item is no longer there. Depending on what options you want, you can save some money on Navigation and Remote start if you start working a deal on a Rubicon without those options and make the dealer throw it in for free.

Ya, I was a little discusted with what happened when I bought my Scion after readiing this. There was the double charge of Destination and Dilevery, a charge for the "Dealer Checkup, wich was $200 for them to wash and the Paint protection which meant they waxed it after they washed it...

Totalling all of the double charges etc on my Scion I paid $1300 More !!!!

Definately will be looking out for those when I order the JK next month..

I wonder if I can get out of the Destiantion charge If I fly out to the Factory and drive it off the line LOL. It's usually like $800, well worth the plane ticket and gas...

Lane87

Well I've been doing a lot of research and think I'm definitely going to do it but yesterday my wife drops that she might want to trade her scion for a JK.. My prayers have been answered! We'll see what the next few weeks hold..

BlackKnight

Well I've been doing a lot of research and think I'm definitely going to do it but yesterday my wife drops that she might want to trade her scion for a JK.. My prayers have been answered! We'll see what the next few weeks hold..

LOL, By Chance, Which Scion.. My trade will be a 2009 xB...

BlackKnight

It's a 2008 Scion Tc.

Make sure to check Edmunds and Kelly Blue book on a fair trade in value before arriving, so if they low ball you you can smackem upside the head with some paperwork to prove value...

My fair trade value on the xB even with it's high mileage is almost 7K. personal sale is almost 9 but would take a while to get...

Tackerdown

Banned

That is to cool. As for the value when I went to buy our jeep I had all the #'s , did the little dance and they wouldn't play so I said seeya 4 blocks down the road they called me lol. definitely get all the #'s in your head so you can play the game and don't limit your self to someone local some dealers may be harder pressed to sell than others. In the end I drive 3+ hrs and saved 3000.00

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Top Bottom