Trail JKโ€™s pretty Penny Copperhead build

RockyJk

Well Ray and I had some time to work on the Jeep today. We (mostly he) finished installing the EVO Protek skids and the EVO trail table. Yay! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks Eddie for the install write up! It's perfectly laid out.

Feels so much better knowing things are protected especially being stock still.

I threw on some Wayalife decals and think Penny's looking good sporting her new stickers.

I also came to realize that I may need to rethink the color match fenders as the rear fenders already have some nice rock rash from kicking rocks on the trail. I'm not sure if it will be less likely once she's lifted or not.

There's a constant drip of coolant leaking (that's a bummer). The dealership said I'm number 1900 (yes 1900) in line for the replacement part and it would take a few weeks. Eeek!

Anyhow, below are some pics...

Rock rash from the trail...
View attachment 115711 .

EVO Protek skids going on... You can see the coolant leaking

Dang penny got hooked up this weekend!

Trade you fenders! ๐Ÿ˜

Trail JK

Dang penny got hooked up this weekend!

Trade you fenders! ๐Ÿ˜

Lol, yeah she did! :) Your Jeep is looking good too! I'll let you know when I change the fenders out. Fingers crossed I'll be addressing what to do in late February early March if all goes well. I'm not sure how bothered I am yet about the rock rash, just noticed it today. It should buff out right? Lol j/k it's not going to buff out. I'm really tempted to cut them but I'm a bit chicken to do it still.

Picking up the front coilovers on Monday and hope to have the rest in late January.

Last edited:

RockyJk

Lol, yeah she did! :) Your Jeep is looking good too! I'll let you know when I change the fenders out. Fingers crossed I'll be addressing what to do in late February early March if all goes well. I'm not sure how bothered I am yet about the rock rash, just noticed it today. It should buff out right? Lol j/k it's not going to buff out. I'm really tempted to cut them but I'm a bit chicken to do it still.

Picking up the front coilovers on Monday and hope to have the rest in late January.

I think they would look nice cut and save you some money for other mods ๐Ÿ‘ just have Ray cut em lol

Damn nice!! Can't wait to see penny grow up

Trail JK

Interested in your thoughts about #4 on your list. I really like them, but worry about part durability, esp the motors. They seem kinda noisy too. Havent seem them in person though.

I just remembered seeing these sliders on Oregonjeeper Jk. He'd be able to talk to them first hand. :)

Edit: I pm'd him and he said that he's had issues with them.

Also, you're right on the superchips trail dash. Thanks for mentioning it saved me some $$$ and feeling silly.

Last edited:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I just remembered seeing these sliders on Oregonjeeper Jk. He'd be able to talk to them first hand. :)

Edit: I pm'd him and he said that he's had issues with them.

Also, you're right on the superchips trail dash. Thanks for mentioning it saved me some $$$ and feeling silly.

No problem.

Thanks for the info on the step sliders. I want them for the wife, but it doesn't sound like they will hold up. I was worried about the motor and electronics. I love to design stuff, so i may come up with a mod for something like the EVO s that will mimic the step slider. It will be some time before I try that.

Trail JK

Did you get front and rear or just the fronts right now? If you only got the fronts we will have to race to see who gets all 4 installed first :cheesy:

Fronts... I'm so impatient. Lol Rears next month then I'm ready for the install. Can't wait! Wheels & tires are taking up all kinds of space. The next few weeks are going to drive me nuts waiting. lol I need a paycheck advance!

utiadam

LOSER
Fronts... I'm so impatient. Lol Rears next month then I'm ready for the install. Can't wait! Wheels & tires are taking up all kinds of space. The next few weeks are going to drive me nuts waiting. lol I need a paycheck advance!

Well.....Ive had my fronts since March. Ive been doing a lot of stuff to the jeep in the meantime but I should just focus on getting my rears. I already have the Evo drag link flip and Currie front lower arms as well. Just need to save for the rears.

Trail JK

Well.....Ive had my fronts since March. Ive been doing a lot of stuff to the jeep in the meantime but I should just focus on getting my rears. I already have the Evo drag link flip and Currie front lower arms as well. Just need to save for the rears.

I hear you.. when I get an itch to make progress I go for one of the other mods. But truth be told you'll prob beat me. Yours is coming along nicely.

Trail JK

It's an awesome day! Picked up my rear coilovers, adj lower control arms, rock skins, rock sliders and some EVO swag! Can't wait for the install party! Who's in? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421444798.013888.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421444829.361540.jpg .

JAGS

Hooked
It's an awesome day! Picked up my rear coilovers, adj lower control arms, rock skins, rock sliders and some EVO swag! Can't wait for the install party! Who's in? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Awesome! I'm good for drilling at most 4 nutsert holes for the skins. Lol. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ Take it you and Ray will be tackling the whole install. Way to go.

Top Bottom