Trail Raider Photo Diary/Build Thread

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just got caught up on your build, looking great. Someday I need to man up and order the long arm kit but the install looks like such a pain.

Haha, yeah. Honestly, if you can get the jeep high enough to sit under it on a creeper, that's the key. Hardest part was the gas tank... you got it man! I've seen your build! You can definitely handle the install.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Squared off, squared up, tig'ed and ready for some paint.

Attachments

• 1459201593219.jpg
    1459201593219.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 1459201607562.jpg
    1459201607562.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 1459201616777.jpg
    1459201616777.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I feel like my jeep is low for a 4" lift? I could be wrong, but normally, from others pics, it looks like the slider lines up with the beadlock height wise... but mine looks slightly lower?

Attachments

• 1459208389335.jpg
    1459208389335.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 364

Exodus 4x4

I feel like my jeep is low for a 4" lift? I could be wrong, but normally, from others pics, it looks like the slider lines up with the beadlock height wise... but mine looks slightly lower?

Looks about the same. You're paranoid. Go drag it across some rocks.

Exodus 4x4

I can't wait! Waiting on a rear driveline (1350) then I already told Ash, "I'm going wheelin' damn it!" Lol

Well I know you aren't going to make it to the Draw, but I'm going to try and do a suds and grub here late next month. Waiting on Aussie to point out a good spot to do it at. You guys could probably come over for that and take it out to HF's while you're here.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Well I know you aren't going to make it to the Draw, but I'm going to try and do a suds and grub here late next month. Waiting on Aussie to point out a good spot to do it at. You guys could probably come over for that and take it out to HF's while you're here.

I'll make barnwell mountain for sure :thumb: but Im hoping to get out sometime before the end of April also, Even if its a small, close knit run of 3-5 rigs. Maybe we can meetup one weekend with AngryAussie and iRonin; and just tear the place up :clap2: I'm sure George is Dying to wheel his new XD60...

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I'll make barnwell mountain for sure :thumb: but Im hoping to get out sometime before the end of April also, Even if its a small, close net run of 3-5 rigs. Maybe we can meetup one weekend with AngryAussie and iRonin; and just tear the place up :clap2: I'm sure George is Dying to wheel his new XD60...

Hopefully mines still rolling by then. I fear a rear axle upgrade is in my near future. Ever since I had that guy do my regear I've had nothing but problems.

Exodus 4x4

yikes, Revolution gear? or Yukon?

No I think he just fucked up everything he could touch. My front locker is fried and I have no idea how the hell he did that, so I'll be dropping coin on an air locker and 35 spline shafts. Now the rear whines at 53 mph, and only 53 mph. Not a mile over or under. I have no idea what the fuck that means but I assume it can't be good and rather than continue chasing my tail I'll just go ahead and drop in an XD60 in and call it good. Need to upgrade brakes to progrips and hydro assist needs to happens asap. But hey, the 37's look cool. When you do your regear, be very careful. You need to pay close attention to your lockers, the position sensor, and the wires.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
No I think he just fucked up everything he could touch. My front locker is fried and I have no idea how the hell he did that, so I'll be dropping coin on an air locker and 35 spline shafts. Now the rear whines at 53 mph, and only 53 mph. Not a mile over or under. I have no idea what the fuck that means but I assume it can't be good and rather than continue chasing my tail I'll just go ahead and drop in an XD60 in and call it good. Need to upgrade brakes to progrips and hydro assist needs to happens asap. But hey, the 37's look cool.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that! Sucks. Strange the rear only whines at 53 and no where else... but that XD60 is a NICE axle!

When you do your regear, be very careful. You need to pay close attention to your lockers, the position sensor, and the wires.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to mind close attention. I'm not doing it alone, so I will make my concerns known in advance. :eek:

Exodus 4x4

Take pictures and watch the video on YouTube about the plunger trick. Be very delicate with the wires internally.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thats a good trick, I am still not running a front locker light switch due to it being put in after the gears were installed.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thats a good trick, I am still not running a front locker light switch due to it being put in after the gears were installed.

Suck. I read your thread, and reasons like that are why I read, and/or ask around for friends to help me with installs

Top Bottom