Trail Run In Iceland

Brute

Hooked
Man, this sure looked like a super awesome trip!! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us here :thumb:

My pleasure...seeing other peoples adventures all over our country and planet is one of the main reasons I enjoy this forum...

gonow

Checking out that lagoon retreat now [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you for the show hope to visit one day
View attachment 306376

Back in the late 70's, a geothermal plant was built on the peninsula near Keflavik. When they drilled down, hot silica rich water came up, which they allowed to spill out onto the lava, thinking that the porous soil would let it sink back down. The water was so heavily laden with silica that it clogged the pores in the lava and the water began to form a lagoon. At first, everyone thought that this was a potential environmental disaster. Some of the construction workers began to sit in the hot water after work and drink beer...one of them had a bad case of psoriasis...a skin disorder. When he went for his monthly checkup with his dermatologist, he found that his psoriasis had completely vanished. This dermatologist began to do some tests on the water at the plant site...and he eventually bought the land surrounding the plant where the lagoon was (this was a smart dude)...now, several hotels have been built on the lagoon, and skin care products are developed from the silica deposits,,,

My pleasure...seeing other peoples adventures all over our country and planet is one of the main reasons I enjoy this forum...

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Just found and read the thread. Iceland had always been a bucket list destination for me. Looks like you guys had an amazing trip! Thank you for sharing and awesome job on the pics!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Daro

View attachment 305616

Even with only 3.5 psi in the 38's, they still look like they have plenty of air in them...

Nice trip. I'm planning on heading there in December with my family. Would you say that taking the 4x4 trip to the glacier worth the cost? Or is it better to go on the snowmobile tour? Also, how is it driving on the glacier, like driving on snow back here, or a different experience entirely?

Top Bottom