Trail Scratches - Best way to remove

Sullivan

Like someone said before, 3M running compound. That with a wool pad and high speed buffer. Takes it all right out. Then I do their blue polish for a second coat with matching blue foam pad to get swirls out. Works like magic. And my jeep was loaded with some deep pinstripes from Windrock and Smorr ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464454184.181950.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464454201.276748.jpg

mds22

My rig is black too, which leads me to wonder ... Why bother?

View attachment 205515

I agree with this. even IF they all buff out next time you are in the woods they will be right back and you'll have to do it all over again. Living in the southeastern US. It is impossible to go off road and avoid branches unless you just go to some mud pit.

Of course that being said. My OCD couldn't handle the pinstripes so I bed lined my who jeep.

Sullivan

I do mine once a year. Just when I get a bug to clean it all. But otherwise I just let the pinstripes shine. Adds character.

Guzman

Thankfully I got rid of my black vehicles! Chemical Guys sells some nice black vehicle kits. Aside from that my only other suggestion is to cover them up with more scratches :)

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Chemical Guys kits work well and gets most of the scratches out. My hard top has been professionally buffed a few times and the deep scratches are not coming out without re-spraying the top. I leave the hard top at home for trails.

Top Bottom