Trail Set Up

jmatta33

A big thank you to everyone who had positive input. I am a "cherry" when it comes to trail riding in areas such as Moab. Here in the south we don't have many trails that have rocks like in the west. Most of you have confirmed what I have found on the web so I feel better about what to put on my rig. As far as the safety gear goes the Army taught me well on what to carry into areas with little to no outside support.

Hope you all have a great and safe New Year. Maybe I will meet some of you on the trail in April.

Dave

"JSTJPN"

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419951911.435400.jpg

you'll notice the black marks on my driver side tire from me spinning a little on those rocks. It did NOT break. recovery gear, sliders, CB, and tow points. I would highly recommend finding another person out there to ride the trails with incase you do damage anything. but like others have said, dont drive like an idiot and you should be fine. thats a JKU sport with 35's on stock rubi shocks and springs btw.

Jk909

Good evening fellow Jeepers. I have a 2011 JK Unlimited. So far I have added a 4 in lift, better stabilizer, and added 35's. Everything else is factory. I drive this rig quite often to work, the beach and mountains. Now that I have seen the vids of Moab I want to get it ready for the April ride. I welcome any and all suggestions on what I need to improve my rig so that I can enjoy the trip from GA to UT and the trails of Moab. I don't plan to hit any trails that are rated higher than a 6.

Dave

Go with other members. That's the best way to learn.

Armydog

Ditto. Go with other jeepers that have experience especially if they know the area and the trails you are planning on running. Nothing trumps experience. Nothing

JSTJPN

View attachment 116948

you'll notice the black marks on my driver side tire from me spinning a little on those rocks. It did NOT break. recovery gear, sliders, CB, and tow points. I would highly recommend finding another person out there to ride the trails with incase you do damage anything. but like others have said, dont drive like an idiot and you should be fine. thats a JKU sport with 35's on stock rubi shocks and springs btw.

Thanks brother. Mine is also a JKU sport. Looking at re-gearing the rear for better performance an possibly a locker and of course a winch to go along with the recovery strap that I carry. Plus adding the extra armor on the bottom side.

My pockets aren't deep enough to drive like a total idiot so being smart on the trail is what I will be. But I do plan on having fun and improving my skill level. The plan is to go out in April when some of the others from this site go so that way I can follow their lead and learn.

If you are still at Bragg be safe and keep your feet and knees together.

JSTJPN

Thanks brother. Mine is also a JKU sport. Looking at re-gearing the rear for better performance an possibly a locker and of course a winch to go along with the recovery strap that I carry. Plus adding the extra armor on the bottom side.

My pockets aren't deep enough to drive like a total idiot so being smart on the trail is what I will be. But I do plan on having fun and improving my skill level. The plan is to go out in April when some of the others from this site go so that way I can follow their lead and learn.

If you are still at Bragg be safe and keep your feet and knees together.

Let me clarify about the re-gearing comment. I will be re-gearing both front and rear.

Didn't want another smart guy coming on the net and getting his shorts in a knot.

Last edited:

TheStick

I think most everything has been mentioned, although not sure I saw quick discos. Not NEEDED, but you will want to disconnect and they will make it easier. Not sure I saw oil pan skid either, but I would put that on your list.

JSTJPN

I think most everything has been mentioned, although not sure I saw quick discos. Not NEEDED, but you will want to disconnect and they will make it easier. Not sure I saw oil pan skid either, but I would put that on your list.

Thanks Stick.

Top Bottom