Trail to be named Later Run - Northern Reno, Nevada - June 10, 2017 - 8:00am

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Great fun by all

So our unnamed trail/route run was a huge success. We had 7 rigs that last the parking lot at around 8:15am and we were able to finish the entire route. I am very proud and happy that everyone drove so well. The weather was perfect. The trails were in good condition, with the exception of the last trail. There was only one mishap, in which we all learned how a mass air flow sensor can save your engine. This is good for people who like to plow into deep puddles of water, right?

We happen to see 3 different herds of antelope. At one point, I was driving along and when FiresJK alerted me to the antelope to my left, I found I had been driving abreast with them for a few hundred yards. I felt like I was in the Serengeti in Africa.

After climbing our first mountain (Freedom Hill) with 1,500 feet of elevation gain in just 1 mile, we parked up for a nice shot:

IMG_2666.jpg

After that climb and down into the valley, we took a run through a tight gulley section, here is QuickSilverJK and Its the Wife getting through a really twisty section:

IMG_2670.jpg
IMG_2667.jpg

And just when we thought that we were out and ready to get out of 4 Low, I found this washed out section near the edge of the forest. While I thought I was pretty stuck, I was fine and my inexperience showed. I just drove out of it, no problems:

IMG_2678.jpg

So instead of other driver's taking the bypass, they all decided to head on there. Here is JeepsySoul taking it on, no problems:

IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2675.jpg

It was really fun to hang out with everyone. There were no breaks. We all just relaxed on this fun trip.

Thank you everyone who joined us. Sorry I did not get more photos.

Last edited:

Battle Born JK

Man Im so bummed I missed this I was waiting all day to see some pics thanks for posting any one else wanna post some pics hopefully I can do the next one great you guys and gals made it home ok

Top Bottom