Trail Wildlife!

Ruvicon

So went camping at Chimney Peak Recreation Area near Lake Isabella with Astroman & TND333 on Friday night and in the morning we found these bear tracks not too far from our camp.
IMG_0843.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

It was looking for AJ...

Oh no! Do not show my wife that picture. She can’t even watch documentaries on tv about bears any more. We went to an outdoor show a couple months ago. They had a “Grizzly bear experience” show with 2 bears. When the bears came out she almost ran an old lady with a walker over getting out of there. She is completely freaked out since the long night at Rubicon springs. Lol! [emoji199]

Brute

Hooked
Oh no! Do not show my wife that picture. She can’t even watch documentaries on tv about bears any more. We went to an outdoor show a couple months ago. They had a “Grizzly bear experience” show with 2 bears. When the bears came out she almost ran an old lady with a walker over getting out of there. She is completely freaked out since the long night at Rubicon springs. Lol! [emoji199]

I’m going fly fishing in the Katmai Peninsula AK this Aug...the bears feasting on the salmon in the rivers will make that black bear look like a puppy...you guys should join me...

WJCO

Meme King
We see elk a lot around here, but this was the first time I've seen something as exciting as this. This cow was trying to get her calf up this steep ass near-vertical hill and it kept sliding. The cow was crying out the whole time but it looked like she was crying out to the rest of the herd (which was in the direction she was looking). Not sure if she was signaling for help or just freaking out or what. But you can even see in the pictures how her mouth is open, it was like that the whole time. The last picture is the calf after it had slipped but gotten back up.

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02835.jpg

And some moose out in the distance.

DSC02857.jpg

DSC02863.jpg

nbunga

Caught the Bug
We see elk a lot around here, but this was the first time I've seen something as exciting as this. This cow was trying to get her calf up this steep ass near-vertical hill and it kept sliding. The cow was crying out the whole time but it looked like she was crying out to the rest of the herd (which was in the direction she was looking). Not sure if she was signaling for help or just freaking out or what. But you can even see in the pictures how her mouth is open, it was like that the whole time. The last picture is the calf after it had slipped but gotten back up.

View attachment 329940

View attachment 329941

View attachment 329942

And some moose out in the distance.

View attachment 329938

View attachment 329939

That’s crazy. Looks like she was a little stressed out. Those moose are so awesome!

Top Bottom