TrailRidden's Build

TrailRidden

These are great control arms! Johnny Joints on both ends! My only comment... looks like you've got them installed backwards. The adjustable end should be on the axle end, not the frame.
Yeah! I love the johnny joints. And, im pretty sure they are correct, I looked on the project JK write up of the rock jock lift install and this is how they installed them. It drives fine anyway.:cheesy:

Your Rig is looking good! :yup:
Thanks man! :beer:

TrailRidden

I'm back! After a good year here in Arizona putting some trails under my belt, we are moving back to good ol' Kentucky for a bit. Colorado may be next!:brows: The jeep has come along way over the past 12 months, so here are some updates!

First up, hard top, 37" km2's, walker evans beadlocks.
IMG_2965.jpg

Next I decided to beef up the axles a bit. Artec Front and Rear axle truss with C-gussets, LCA skids and went ahead and threw some 5:38 gears in for good measure. Hello cruise control again!:cheesy:
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2901.jpg

To support the new spare, I finally got a tire carrier. AEV, no loss of approach angle.:thumb:
IMG_2906.jpg

With two dogs and the girlfriend, even the 4 door was getting a little tight. So we made a rear cargo platform for a bit of storage and still able to take the dogs! Topped it all off with a 60L ARB fridge:rock:
IMG_2986.jpg
IMG_2962.jpg

Just recently went on my first night wheeling adventure, so I ran to auto zone and hooked up some awesome little LED strips. Way brighter than expected.
IMG_3040.jpg

One last treat is coming and will be here on thursday:dont_tell: Most of this is in preparation for a 2-3 week road trip on our way back to Kentucky. Going up through Cali to the rubicon trail, back down to Utah for moab and then through Colorado. Also will be taking out the back seats to make more custom storage with a fridge platform.

TrailRidden

Did you remove the Evo D-ring from the passenger frame rail to mount the tire carrier? Or did you come up with a way to have both? From the picture, it looks like you may have removed it.

I did remove it temporarily. There is a way to attach both, it would just require a bit of drilling in the tire carrier mount or welding. I plan on welding the plugs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I did remove it temporarily. There is a way to attach both, it would just require a bit of drilling in the tire carrier mount or welding. I plan on welding the plugs in.

Would you mind putting some close up pics of that up when you do it? I'd be very interested to see that. Thanks in advance!

TrailRidden

Would you mind putting some close up pics of that up when you do it? I'd be very interested to see that. Thanks in advance!

Will do. I figured welding would be better than drilling more hole in the tire carrier mount.

TrailRidden

y9yqe7a4.jpg

Oh what a thing to come home to!!!

TrailRidden

Finally got my Spod in and got the air compressor all mounted up! Perfect fit. R
4averysu.jpg
asebuteh.jpg

TrailRidden

With my last update on my build over a year ago now. It seems a good time to revive it. While this entire last year has been completed dedicated to my new business, I have not had anytime to jeep. Now with the off season here, I can finally give my rig a little attention. The first upgrade in over a year will be here Thursday. Man I miss that new part feeling! :clap2:

Top Bottom