Trails in North Jersey??????

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I wasn't rewording it, I didn't see my post actually "post" so I retyped it about a minute after the first.. I guess the first one went through afterall.

Anyways, ALL of NJ is closed to offroading. The whole state. So basically then I suppose this whole entire topic is mute.....

Wharton State park used to be open to offroad use but, at this time almost the entire park is closed and is in a legal battle over land use. Which is a shame because that was the only place to wheel legally in the state.

Fair enough. There is the same type of struggle going on in VA. What used to be a fairly robust system of trails is quickly dwindling thanks to the tree huggers and 4x4ers that just refuse to give a shit.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Illegal, legal, steady on! This world is just a lump of iron tumbling in space,, the rocky bits have already been fucked up by our ancestors or nature. Otherwise they wouldn't be the rocky bits.
They won't grow back and nobody actually can claim to really own them, like forever, so why not get some use of them while we're passing through?
One life, live it.
Peace, and please vote Trump, the U.K needs a strong partner in this mad mad world.

1465086467430.jpg

Jitsujeeper

^^^^ lol

No worries. I also forgot that Stokes forest in sussex county about 15 minutes from me was open for VERY mild offroading but was closed entirely last year.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I wasn't rewording it, I didn't see my post actually "post" so I retyped it about a minute after the first.. I guess the first one went through afterall.

Anyways, ALL of NJ is closed to offroading. The whole state. So basically then I suppose this whole entire topic is mute.....

Wharton State park used to be open to offroad use but, at this time almost the entire park is closed and is in a legal battle over land use. Which is a shame because that was the only place to wheel legally in the state.

Wharton State Forest is not closed at all. The pinelands comm. tried to shut down most of the trails but lost the battle. There is a couple of trails closed for repairs, but I would say 90% of it is open. Trails in Brendan T. Byrne forest are also open.

scull20

Passaic county, I have hit a couple of trails off of Clinton road and in the pine barrens but if u know another spots lmk

I grew up in Wayne and live in Totowa now.

I've found its just easier and more fun to hit Rausch. It's a bit over two hours from this area to get there, and you can always get a room at the comfort inn and make a weekend out of it.

I'd rather not skate the fine line of dealing with treading on closed off trails/property/etc. in NJ...just not worth the hassle...and just one mans opinion.

Give me a shout if you're ever in need of an extra hand when working on your jeep, or if you pass through my neck of the woods.

Jitsujeeper

Wharton State Forest is not closed at all. The pinelands comm. tried to shut down most of the trails but lost the battle. There is a couple of trails closed for repairs, but I would say 90% of it is open. Trails in Brendan T. Byrne forest are also open.
Cool, this must have passed within the last few months im guessing. I tried last year and all the info was saying to stay out until it was all settled was the best idea for the time.

WJCO

Meme King
Illegal, legal, steady on! This world is just a lump of iron tumbling in space,, the rocky bits have already been fucked up by our ancestors or nature. Otherwise they wouldn't be the rocky bits.
They won't grow back and nobody actually can claim to really own them, like forever, so why not get some use of them while we're passing through?
One life, live it.
Peace, and please vote Trump, the U.K needs a strong partner in this mad mad world.

cool-story-bro-zubb5a.jpg .....

Jeeper125

I've tried the trails at Jackson with a friend of mine and had a blast but we were very cautious because we only had one jeep he now has a lifted Xj and we will b soon hitting those trails and no holding back

JeepDrum

I've tried the trails at Jackson with a friend of mine and had a blast but we were very cautious because we only had one jeep he now has a lifted Xj and we will b soon hitting those trails and no holding back

Is that the power line trails? I've heard about them but don't know anyone that's been there. Is it just mud holes?

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Is that the power line trails? I've heard about them but don't know anyone that's been there. Is it just mud holes?

Google earth Reed rd in Jackson. It's a small series of trails behind Great Adventure. In that area there's some hills to climb with some rocks to bump over.

Jeeper125

I'm up in Sparta. Miles of trail up here. Nothing really legal unfortunately. Jefferson also has some good trails. Much, much, more rock than the Pine Barrrens. I'd rate them similar to the green and blue trails in Rausch Creek. Just enough to feed the need during the weekend. Where in Passaic County? I grew up in North Haledon.

If send some address of the trails in Sparta that would b great

Top Bottom