Trainwreck's Build

COLOJK

I agree a full float would be the best option, but not completely necessary. After weighing my options and multiple conversations with Dynatrac, this is the combination that made the most sense. I will be sticking with 37" tires max, and I feel this setup should be very capable.

Great! I can't wait to follow along with this build

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So I thought I had it all figured out.. And maybe I still do? We will see..

This was the week I planned on ordering axles, steering, and suspension components, but as much of you know Dynatrac has some new stuff coming out very soon! I have been working with Dynatrac and Trail Jeeps to figure out this build, and after a lengthy phone conversation with Tim yesterday, the project is on hold.. I could go through with the plan I figured up to this point, and it would work well, but I would kick myself if I didn't wait and see what Dynatrac came out with. So lets get movin SEMA, Im anxious!

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So now the plan has changed, and I'm really happy I decided to wait and see what Dynatrac was going to announce at SEMA. They have some amazing new prices on some great axle sets! In light of this new pricing I decided to change the direction of this build and go with what I ultimately wanted, 1 tons F/R! Really excited about this, but now I have to find a new home for my Slabs that are not even a year old yet.. My bad.. This time around I am going to try out the Trail Ready beadlocks. As far as suspension goes I am going to dumb it down a bit and go with the Evo Enforcer Pro kit, depending how it works out for me will decide if I upgrade to the long arms. I am also going with EVO's high steer/ram mount and PSC hydro assist, which should be like cuttin warm butter with 35's! I am planning on larger tires, and with the switch to 60's F/R I have all sorts of options now, however I still might only max out on 37's.. we will see. Still not sure on gear ratio, 5.13 or 5.38? I don't plan on upgrading my 35's until June/July, and I really have no clue if I am going to go 37, 40, or somewhere in-between.. decisions..

Rb1boxer_3

Sounds like a pretty good build plan since your not going higher than 37s I'd think 5.13 would be good. Is this a daily driver . Do you ever think you'd go to 40s in maybe 2 years or so?

Out in the Boonies

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a pretty good build plan since your not going higher than 37s I'd think 5.13 would be good. Is this a daily driver . Do you ever think you'd go to 40s in maybe 2 years or so?

Out in the Boonies

5.13's would probably work fine, but I'm not sure 37's are the end result cause I want 40's. I plan on a tire purchase this coming summer, and since this isn't my DD I feel like I should just go 5.38. Not sure if this will be too low paired with my 35's while I wait to purchase larger tires?

mojave5

5.13's would probably work fine, but I'm not sure 37's are the end result cause I want 40's. I plan on a tire purchase this coming summer, and since this isn't my DD I feel like I should just go 5.38. Not sure if this will be too low paired with my 35's while I wait to purchase larger tires?

I just did my re-gear to the 5.13's and am running 37's. It gave back a ton of power and I think they would handle 40's no problem and that's what I plan to do in the future as well.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I just did my re-gear to the 5.13's and am running 37's. It gave back a ton of power and I think they would handle 40's no problem and that's what I plan to do in the future as well.

I feel like 37's would be a solid tire size paired with the PR 60's, and I think I should just look past the want and look more at function. There will be a number of things ill have to address if I go with 40's that I'm not sure I feel like dealing with. That being said, 5.13's would be perfect for 37's

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Well, I made up my mind, and there's no turning back now! Just ordered everything up and now comes the hard part.. Waiting..

I have a ton of work to keep me busy until the axles arrive, and this weekend I will be retiring my Jeep from a DD to a garage queen to get started on some tasks. Hopefully I can have everything mostly wrapped up by the time the axles arrive, but if not its no big deal, as this has turned into a winter project. Anyway, here is a list of exactly what is getting installed over the next few months.

-Dynatrac Prorock 60 F/R with 5.13's
-EVO F/R bolt on coilovers
-EVO front lower control arms
-EVO high steer kit
-PSC hydro assist
-Trail Ready HD beadlocks w/ Rock rings 8 lug
-Rockhard sport cage w/ rear bar and c-pillars
-EVO corner armor w/ ORO lights
-ORO rock lights
-Polk audio speakers

Not sure on any time lines yet, but I expect the axles to be a little over 8 weeks out.. Not sure Im going to be able to make it.. lol

WJCO

Meme King
Well, I made up my mind, and there's no turning back now! Just ordered everything up and now comes the hard part.. Waiting..

I have a ton of work to keep me busy until the axles arrive, and this weekend I will be retiring my Jeep from a DD to a garage queen to get started on some tasks. Hopefully I can have everything mostly wrapped up by the time the axles arrive, but if not its no big deal, as this has turned into a winter project. Anyway, here is a list of exactly what is getting installed over the next few months.

-Dynatrac Prorock 60 F/R with 5.13's
-EVO F/R bolt on coilovers
-EVO front lower control arms
-EVO high steer kit
-PSC hydro assist
-Trail Ready HD beadlocks w/ Rock rings 8 lug
-Rockhard sport cage w/ rear bar and c-pillars
-EVO corner armor w/ ORO lights
-ORO rock lights
-Polk audio speakers

Not sure on any time lines yet, but I expect the axles to be a little over 8 weeks out.. Not sure Im going to be able to make it.. lol

Holy shit. Congrats. That's quite a list.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Looking for some extra cash? Since you won't need those Slabs anymore I am looking for beadlocks

Yeah, definitely looking to sell them. I haven't put much thought into yet since I was planning on keeping them until a couple days ago. I'll shoot you a PM after I think about this a sec

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Found some free time today to replace my speakers. The install went easier than I thought, figured the driver side speaker would be harder to get to. acrt1w1.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
ARB fridge showed up today. Couldn't pass up the sale that popped up last week, and I sold my Yeti a few months back in anticipation of a sale around the holidays. Looks very well built, and I'm really looking forward to putting this thing to use. ARBfridge-freezer1.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Been working slowly on the Rock Hard sport cage over the last week. Overall, the install went well with only a few mistakes on my part. I still have the harness bar to install to complete the cage, but I will be getting to that a little later. I removed the rear seats to start figuring out some storage solutions, wanting a flat surface across the whole back. rhc1.jpg rhc2.jpg

Top Bottom