Transfer case speed sensor

rogerk93

I have a 14 Jku and a list of codes came up with speed sensors with the rear left wheel, front left wheel (changed a month ago) and a transfer case speed sensor. I can’t find any videos or write ups with the transfer case speed sensor if anyone has a write up or information on this I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Post up the codes, maybe somebody will be able to help. I must say I never heard of speed sensor in the transfer case, but I am not a mechanic

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Post up the codes, maybe somebody will be able to help. I must say I never heard of speed sensor in the transfer case, but I am not a mechanic

There is usually one at the end of the trans and sometimes there is one at the end of the transfer case to measure how fast the output shafts are spinning. They are used usually to make sure the trans isnt slipping and everything is in the right gear.

rogerk93

P0501- speed sensor on the transfer case

u140b- bad wheels sensor left rear wheel

c102a- left rear wheel is sending different signal than other sensors

c1027- left rear wheels sensor bad signal over 25mph

c1015-front right wheel sensor or harness damaged (check circuit)

These are the codes that came up on the snap on, i replaced the left rear sensor, the old one was completely covered with dirt, grease, and other crap. I removed the right rear and cleaned it off as it was also dirty. I hope it solved the problem I’ll find out tomorrow when I get to drive it around.

rogerk93

So I drove my Jeep all today after replacing the left rear sensor and cleaning the right rear and there is improvement but traction control still kicks on, I’m going to remove the front two sensors tomorrow and give them a wipe down even tho they are new as I don’t know what else to do. It has been driving me absolutely nuts

boardsurfer

So I drove my Jeep all today after replacing the left rear sensor and cleaning the right rear and there is improvement but traction control still kicks on, I’m going to remove the front two sensors tomorrow and give them a wipe down even tho they are new as I don’t know what else to do. It has been driving me absolutely nuts

I had an issue where the speed sensor plug wouldnt seat completely. Be sure to clean out the plastic connectors really well so that it firmly clicks into place. Just a thought.

rogerk93

I had an issue where the speed sensor plug wouldnt seat completely. Be sure to clean out the plastic connectors really well so that it firmly clicks into place. Just a thought.

I unplugged all the sensors check to make to there was no dirt in the connection and plugged back in and still have traction control kicking in. I don’t know what else it can be. Might pull out my sprint booster just to see if it helps I’m out of options.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I do too have my traction control kick in more than it should. Not as bad as you are describing it. I don’t have any codes come up either.
I did clean my tone rings in the rear and replaced the sensors, which seemed to help a little. I know I have a bent flange in the rear and it looks like the tone ring is making a contact with the sensor. I haven’t replaced my rear shafts yet to see it that fixes the problem. Just a thought....

IMG_6119.jpg
IMG_6118.jpg
IMG_6195.jpg
IMG_6196.jpg

rogerk93

I do too have my traction control kick in more than it should. Not as bad as you are describing it. I don’t have any codes come up either.
I did clean my tone rings in the rear and replaced the sensors, which seemed to help a little. I know I have a bent flange in the rear and it looks like the tone ring is making a contact with the sensor. I haven’t replaced my rear shafts yet to see it that fixes the problem. Just a thought....

View attachment 303363
View attachment 303364
View attachment 303365
View attachment 303366

Thank you for the pictures, I’m going to check mine to see if there is anything wrong there. When I changed out the back sensor it did fix the problem a little but maybe a bad tone ring is throwing it off still.

Top Bottom