Trek Top NX

LJ_olllllllo

I don't have a TT yet. I believe the top flaps back just like the factory ST so, this would still be an issue where your rack would be in the way. Does this answer your question?

Yes it does. Thanks. I guess I'll have to flip the rack back every time. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hack12

I'm gunna check out videos on it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This video is as helpful as it is corny. I never even glanced at the instructions and the install was a breeze with this video's help. Plus, it was made by Bestop so you don't have to worry about cutting corners or forgetting parts. There are more than a few tips and tricks in the video that help tremendously with the install that you won't find in the instructions. Best of luck!

http://youtu.be/SiHjRyVdtqU

sean.m.adams33

Does anyone know if the factory hardtop will fit over the trektop? Just trying to get the top home from my storage unit to my garage.

JAGS

Hooked
Does anyone know if the factory hardtop will fit over the trektop? Just trying to get the top home from my storage unit to my garage.

I don't believe that would work. I've got the factory soft top and you'd use the front header and the side clamps to hold down the soft top. I'd think the TT would be in the of these? :thinking:

Hack12

Negative. The Trektop needs to be completely removed before reapplying the hardtop, that includes the roll bar brackets too. :yup:

Hack12

It should all roll up and for into the back of your jeep.

Are you talking about completely removing it and rolling it up, hardware and all? I'm sure that will work, but I know the hardtop won't fit over all the Trektop hardware, i.e. rollbar brackets, door surrounds, arch bars, etc.
:thinking:

Edit: Ah ha, guess I pressed send a bit late. I was confused at first too.

WinTheDay

Trektop NX window storage

For those that are interested this was Bestops reply to an email regarding window storage within the jeep.
The reason we do not make a storage unit for the Trektop NX windows is because of how the quarter windows are made. As you know, the windows have the stiffener in them at the rear corner which does not allow the window to roll up as required for the HOSS storage duffle we make, which accommodates all standard soft top windows. With the Trektop NX not being a standard soft top, there is nothing we can make in regards to a storage unit to accommodate the Trektop NX windows. At this time, Bestop has no plans to make a storage unit for the Trektop NX windows. I apologize if you do not appreciate our answer, I also apologize if you felt the previous representative did not meet the needs of yourself, however it was not the representative, its the simple fact that Bestop does not make a storage unit for the windows to the Trektop NX, again due to the design. Believe me, we wish we did, however we are the messengers, not the ones who decide what products to make. We do the best we can with the tools we have and we want nothing more than to ensure our customers are happy, so I will make a suggestion for a storage unit for the Trektop NX windows again and we'll all keep our fingers crossed!

Top Bottom