Trouble with front/rear running lights

DJKU09

On sunday all my lights were working but when we went out to go riding I hooked up the trailer and when I got home my front/rear running lights are out.. I changed my bulbs and checked the fuse( blue 15 front running lights/ rear tail lights/ license plate) and its still good. So now im running out of things to check. Anyone have similar problems and solution? Or can you direct me to a similar write up. Thank you

Is the trailer still attached? If so, unplug the light cord and recheck your lights. I had the same issue awhile back,turned out to be a direct short on the trailer itself.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

DJKU09

The trailer is off but it was out when I had the trailer on. My brother in the truck behind me told me it was out. Thats how I found out.

DJKU09

Its weird cause it use to work fine and this last ride it all went out. Well just the driver side running lights .

If I'm not mistaken, there was seperate left and right fuses, so I'd check the fuses again.

DJKU09

Ya im gonna have to adf that to my list of other things I need to do. Lol... I need to do both u joints on the front, check the fuses, snd front crank seal. Its gonna be a busy Tuesday but thank you for your help. Ill be sure to let you know how that issue went and agsin thanks.

No problem. I'm pretty sure thats going to be a fuse,and if so the real issue will be a direct short in trailer wiring. Most likely a pinched or skinned wire as was the case with mine.

Also, the reason why it's your left side and both sides of trailer is because your trailer pigtail is connected into your left side harness which runs both sides of the trailer. I had added a rack to the front of my trailer for my cooler and accidentally got the wires in the way when I bolted the rack down.ooops.

DJKU09

While I was replacing the cv joint I had my g/f check the fuses and she found it.... it was the rear running light fuse. Thanks for your help!

While I was replacing the cv joint I had my g/f check the fuses and she found it.... it was the rear running light fuse. Thanks for your help!

Well, finding the issue on three trailer should be easy, you'll be looking for a bare or broken wire that's touching the frame. Glad you found the fuse:D

Top Bottom