Truck lite issue, need help

Manvan

Back to the loose headlight, I put in IPF lenses and they where loose also. I used a piece of 12 gauge insulated solid electrical wire and made a ring that I dropped down into the retainer. 7" ring takes about 22" piece of wire. No more rattle.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

tonywjk

I had the same issue, i measured the circumference of the ring and inserted a very small piece or rubber shrink wrap tubing, no issues at all

Another weird thing is happening. with the headlights on, the fm radio seems to have more static. Not necessarily a complaint, just curious as to why this would happen. Anybody have a clue?

SDG

Caught the Bug
Another weird thing is happening. with the headlights on, the fm radio seems to have more static. Not necessarily a complaint, just curious as to why this would happen. Anybody have a clue?

Just hazarding a guess here, but I would guess it is attributed to the PWM modulation of power going to the headlights. As I understand it the micro controller (generates the PWM on the canbus) this drives a mosfet, which amplifies the small voltage that the micro controller generates, and increases it to the the actual voltage that the headlight uses. I think the mosfet is generating noise which the radio antenna is picking up. Since this doesn't happen with stock headlights it could be due to the decreased draw on the power provided? Since the LED's draw less current the "noise" moves to a lower frequency, and as FM radio is low frequency it will interfere with the radio.

This is just a guess though.

Just hazarding a guess here, but I would guess it is attributed to the PWM modulation of power going to the headlights. As I understand it the micro controller (generates the PWM on the canbus) this drives a mosfet, which amplifies the small voltage that the micro controller generates, and increases it to the the actual voltage that the headlight uses. I think the mosfet is generating noise which the radio antenna is picking up. Since this doesn't happen with stock headlights it could be due to the decreased draw on the power provided? Since the LED's draw less current the "noise" moves to a lower frequency, and as FM radio is low frequency it will interfere with the radio.

This is just a guess though.

Sounds like a good answer to me! I was also thinking it may have to do with the low correct draw of LEDs so I'm glad we're on the same page here

loscann48

FYI for others that may have this issue. Had strong static on FM with my off road led on but no other time. After installing my Truck-lites I noticed minor static on FM stations with Truck-lites on low beam with increased static on high beams. Tried to isolate the problem and couldn't find it. I was then having battery issues with original battery after 5 strong years. Just replaced my battery and all static issues are gone.

nknacd

just have to say i love this forum. I installed truck lites over the weekend and found that one of them is a little loose. Thanks to you guys i'm going to pull it off and wrap in up with some e-tape

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
just have to say i love this forum. I installed truck lites over the weekend and found that one of them is a little loose. Thanks to you guys i'm going to pull it off and wrap in up with some e-tape

Use some dielectric grease on the connection, too.

Broncorider

ive had mine in for over 6 months now with the anti flicker with no problems. have you tried to call truck lite and ask them what their opinion is? maybe this will help.

Top Bottom