TSB 08-074-20....steering

DaveL

FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care is helping

FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care says they are expediting parts to the second dealer we went to. The dealer had predicted 2-3 weeks from our service appointment.

Problem with the first dealer/service appointment:
* test drive. Slow speed; city roads. Parking lot. 6 minutes long....we have a video/dashcam

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just put my 37’s on yesterday and man is the box loose. I thought it was bad before but it’s way worse now. Thank god I already have a box on order so this can get fixed.

benatc1

Hooked
Just put my 37’s on yesterday and man is the box loose. I thought it was bad before but it’s way worse now. Thank god I already have a box on order so this can get fixed.
JL steering is trash, hoping to just convert to PSC hydraulic within the next year and be done with it.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Threw a set of stock sized wheels and tires on just to confirm my steering box still sucks with with stock tires. No surprise, still wanders like a 2nd LT in basic land nav. Took it to the dealer for oil change and state inspection and had them confirm the TSB applies. They ordered the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

DaveL

Had it done. It's great.

There are many good reasons to make a Jeep stronger. A strong after-sale industry helps this happen.

Jeep did well to identify and fix this problem.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Got mine

Huge huge difference. I had the box replaced last year & it wore out quickly. This time it feels different. Definitely tighter than last time. I called Jeep Wave & they handled everything.

JAGS

Hooked

Aftermarket of dealer fix?

My steering has been off for a while. They did the dampener replacement and that seemed to help for a while. Been getting a worse last few weeks/months again. I’m thinking it might be the box now after reading more of this thread.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Aftermarket of dealer fix?

My steering has been off for a while. They did the dampener replacement and that seemed to help for a while. Been getting a worse last few weeks/months again. I’m thinking it might be the box now after reading more of this thread.

Dealer. My jl only has 3500 miles on it. I noticed it when it was stock but got way worse once lifted and 37’s

DaveL

Had the updated one installed today. $1,260. Like night and day with the steering feel. I’d say it’s worth it.

On other forums @JeepCares is advising Jeep Owners out of warranty to contact them for reimbursement. I don't have a link to that. I'm on the jlwrangler and gladiator forums...it's on either of those.

DaveL

@ckor

Any feedback yet? Getting mine replaced but have to pay since I have 93,000 miles on it...

Contact JeepCares in the US.

They told owners on other forums who were out of warranty that they were covered. It was either the jlwrangler or gladiator forum...

JAGS

Hooked
Dealer. My jl only has 3500 miles on it. I noticed it when it was stock but got way worse once lifted and 37’s

Thanks. I have some other work I need done under warranty. Smaller shit, but I’m going have them do this too. Sounds like it will help some of the steering issues.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks. I have some other work I need done under warranty. Smaller shit, but I’m going have them do this too. Sounds like it will help some of the steering issues.

Get it in ASAP Jason. I spoke with Jeep wave and they said majority of dealer are only allowed to order 1 every 10-14 days in most cases.

ckor

Contact JeepCares in the US.

They told owners on other forums who were out of warranty that they were covered. It was either the jlwrangler or gladiator forum...

I’ll have to look into it. Id love to get that money back.

Top Bottom