Tuffy Security Deck?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I dont use the lift up feature much, but it is deff nice to have when you need it.

Could you post some detailed pics of your deck? Are the holes for the mounting rings pre drilled? Have you wheeled with a cooler/arb fridge on top of the deck? Do things stay put well?

LeeVanCleef

I have the 326, I think I've lifted the lid twice since I put it in.

If you have a soft top, you can't open the lid on the 326 without first lifting the top. It's a royal pain, but I understand that this problem isn't Tuffy's fault.

My bigger issue and one that is Tuffy's fault is that there isn't any means to hold the top in the lifted position. It would great if it had hydraulic arms like on the glass for the hard top. I'd even settle for a prop rod that I had to manually put in place. As it comes, if you need to reach in the back to pick something up with two hands, you need another person to hold the lid up.

I haven't hauled anything on top of the lid. It's fairly slippery, so you'll need a rubber mat or spray on some line-x or something to keep stuff in place. And you'll need to add your own tie downs because there isn't any means to secure stuff the way it ships. I would think you'd scratch it up pretty bad if you didn't protect it from whatever you were putting up there.

It keeps my stuff out sight and away from thieves, so it servers its purpose, but if I was going to do it again, I'd save the $100 and get the fixed lid version. The flip up lid seems like a total waste.

scull20

Ah I never even noticed they got rid of the lip. That makes no sense to me especially since you need to buy anything to anchor things to the top lid.

The top lid is sort of free floating on the new one. You have to secure anything on top down to the jeep. I bought a cargo net to cinch everything down that anchors to the jeep. Seems to work just as well.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
The top lid is sort of free floating on the new one. You have to secure anything on top down to the jeep. I bought a cargo net to cinch everything down that anchors to the jeep. Seems to work just as well.

Where did you source your cargo net from? I'm interested as either deck will likely require tie downs/cargo net.

scull20

VERY nice! :thumb: I almost like that better then an elastic one! :shock:

Thanks! This is far more secure than an elastic one...but only as adjustable as the amount of slack in the cinch straps, which I've found is more than enough.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I need to figure out a solution this weekend for my deck. Not that I ever store anything on top, but want the option in case I want to strap something down. I was thinking about a bungee net like I have on my motorcycle, plus I have one laying around in the garage from another car/project.

dchotrod

I need to figure out a solution this weekend for my deck. Not that I ever store anything on top, but want the option in case I want to strap something down. I was thinking about a bungee net like I have on my motorcycle, plus I have one laying around in the garage from another car/project.

I have the tuffy that the lid tilts up & like it a lot. I have an igloo sportsman 55 that will fit under the lid if I lift it & push it to the front enough to get it past the lip. I've also carried a good bit on top, including that cooler. Little stuff like camp chairs or light packs I use a motorcycle bungee net. The cooler I used a ratchet strap hooked to the car seat anchor loops. It's worked well so far.

juniormb

I have the model 326 installed in my jeep, I really like it. I installed the Diamond Plate Vinyl on top of it and a set of the 24" anchor rails. I have my Artic 45 quart cooler strapped to it all weekend over labor day wheeling at hidden falls and had zero issues with it. I can snap some pictures of it when I get back home later this week.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have the model 326 installed in my jeep, I really like it. I installed the Diamond Plate Vinyl on top of it and a set of the 24" anchor rails. I have my Artic 45 quart cooler strapped to it all weekend over labor day wheeling at hidden falls and had zero issues with it. I can snap some pictures of it when I get back home later this week.
Post 'em up! I'm still looking at options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

I am looking at getting the Tuffy 173-01, my concern is the hole in the side panel where the sub would be. My 2009 JKU doesn't have the factory sub, and from what it looks like a big gap would be left. Anyone confirm or deny my suspicion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I am looking at getting the Tuffy 173-01, my concern is the hole in the side panel where the sub would be. My 2009 JKU doesn't have the factory sub, and from what it looks like a big gap would be left. Anyone confirm or deny my suspicion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

It comes with an extra piece that would close up that hole if you don’t have a subwoofer. You should be set.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom