Turning my JK into a boat. Snorkel or other water proofing ideas?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I just installed these myself. Theroetically it makes sense. Instead of a one-way valve at the end of the hose, It's an open air filter. So when your warm differential contacts cooler water, the warm air contracts, instead of closing the one who valve, nothing happens. There is an optimum pressure differential. This prevents water from being sucked in through the seals, unless you have a seal leak.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Differential-Breather-Kit-170112-P22783.aspx

Thank you for catching that for me! They are a great product and you explained it better than I could have.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ausjeep113

I vote for the AEV snorkel, I had it for about 3 years and water over the bonnet. Never leaked and a super easy install. Also if anyone wants a cheaper option than the ARB breathers. Some rubber hose ran from the diffs up to the engine bay with inline fuel filters on the end works the exact same way and only cost about $20. Mine has been going well for a few years now and ran the same setup on my Xj [emoji1303]

wjtstudios

Hooked
I vote for the AEV snorkel, I had it for about 3 years and water over the bonnet. Never leaked and a super easy install. Also if anyone wants a cheaper option than the ARB breathers. Some rubber hose ran from the diffs up to the engine bay with inline fuel filters on the end works the exact same way and only cost about $20. Mine has been going well for a few years now and ran the same setup on my Xj [emoji1303]

Interesting idea! Never thought of that, but yes it would do the same thing.

Top Bottom