Ultimate Dana 60 wheels/flare options

toshigav

Give our dealer in Australia a call to verify or disprove all this.

Murchison Products
U85/86
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD 4500
Australia

Tried ringing.
Left messages.
Sent emails.
N O T H I N G.
no body wants to sell anything here in Australia.
Only people who got back to me was SBR off road (teraflex) and DANA (ultimate Dana 60).
Guess it is out of those two since no one else wants the business.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Wow! That's crazy I've dealt with Stuart Murchinson before and he's normally really good. Hopefully dynatrac can get in touch with him for you.

Sue & Vic at SBR are great but I don't know that i'd want teraflex axles

dunstan74

I've only delt with Murchison a few times but they have been good everytime, id try again to get in touch.

Also i 2nd what 2nd guman said and skip the teraflex axles.

toshigav

I've only delt with Murchison a few times but they have been good everytime, id try again to get in touch.

Also i 2nd what 2nd guman said and skip the teraflex axles.

Last chance today or deposit goes down on the Dana's.
Will give 1 week to reply.
No doubt Dynatrac in number one but if I don't have access to the product what can I do.
The Dana's will certainly never break with my little 2.8 CRD but will have in the back of my mind that I could have had the best of the best.
Will advise.

toshigav

Give our dealer in Australia a call to verify or disprove all this.

Murchison Products
U85/86
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD 4500
Australia

Hello Dynatrac.
Gave Murchisons one more shot and rang them today.
mentioned no response to email.
stated "don't have staff to get back to every one and the end of the month was busy"
Well not good enough in my books.
i have $20,000.00 to spend and Stu appears to not even want to try and take it off me.
in fact he stated when i rang him that he had to go as he had another phone call.
i said "hang on" what about Dynatrac.
his only comment was they can what ever you want and $25,000.00 with every thing.
end of call.
when you consider that i have not yet made my purchase and am open to options other than the ultimate dana 60 you think i might get a better response.
also enquired about wheels.
he said look them up for details and $625 a wheel.
sorry Dynatrac your dealer here does not want my money.

toshigav

Man that sucks. Did you talk to Stuart?

yep was Stuart i spoke to.
he was the one i quoted in the post.
A lesson for Dynatrac though.
No point having the best product in the world (which they have) if you have not got the support from the network of dealers.
Last year when i tried to buy 44's $18,000 for the pair he was really good.
Wife went nuts at nearly $20,000.00 landed on our door step so stopped.
Then this year i ordered a new set of the AEV beadlock wheels $3,000 i think.
Paid full amount up front.
6 weeks later after no replies for updates i rang.
still not even known what colours i could get let alone ordered - i cancelled.
left the order for springs and turbo hoses.
4 weeks passed - nothing.
rang - advised in stock and sorry we forgot to send - again bearing in mind all paid for up front.
2 weeks after that the front springs arrived with the hoses. - no rear springs.
another week and suddenly found them in Melbourne - but wait you said they were in stock.
this was a guy called Chris.
now this experience.
maybe he is pissed at not accepting the quote last year or the cancellation of the order that was never placed i don't know.
In any case after these posts he probably won't even answer a call if i ever give them another chance.

for you guys in the states.
to fit new axles and set up just any old suspension kit (in this case AEV) plus a touring kit with bars, roof racks and lights blaa blaa ( nothing super duper just what you need)
here in Australia expect to pay in excess of $40,000.00 AUS and wait up to 6 months depending on freight plus fitting if not doing it yourself.
some one took the first 20K - was very hard to find some one who wanted the rest.
have been very happy with the service from Spicer Australia and am now waiting on invoice to make purchase.
thanks for listening
I should add that although my experience was not that great it does not mean that all is bad.
Stuart is probably one of the most switched on fellows here in OZ about these things.
probably why he spends so much time answering questions.
i am sure my next experience will be a better one.

Last edited:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
yep was Stuart i spoke to.
he was the one i quoted in the post.
A lesson for Dynatrac though.
No point having the best product in the world (which they have) if you have not got the support from the network of dealers.
Last year when i tried to buy 44's $18,000 for the pair he was really good.
Wife went nuts at nearly $20,000.00 landed on our door step so stopped.
Then this year i ordered a new set of the AEV beadlock wheels $3,000 i think.
Paid full amount up front.
6 weeks later after no replies for updates i rang.
still not even known what colours i could get let alone ordered - i cancelled.
left the order for springs and turbo hoses.
4 weeks passed - nothing.
rang - advised in stock and sorry we forgot to send - again bearing in mind all paid for up front.
2 weeks after that the front springs arrived with the hoses. - no rear springs.
another week and suddenly found them in Melbourne - but wait you said they were in stock.
this was a guy called Chris.
now this experience.
maybe he is pissed at not accepting the quote last year or the cancellation of the order that was never placed i don't know.
In any case after these posts he probably won't even answer a call if i ever give them another chance.

for you guys in the states.
to fit new axles and set up just any old suspension kit (in this case AEV) plus a touring kit with bars, roof racks and lights blaa blaa ( nothing super duper just what you need)
here in Australia expect to pay in excess of $40,000.00 AUS and wait up to 6 months depending on freight plus fitting if not doing it yourself.
some one took the first 20K - was very hard to find some one who wanted the rest.
have been very happy with the service from Spicer Australia and am now waiting on invoice to make purchase.
thanks for listening
I should add that although my experience was not that great it does not mean that all is bad.
Stuart is probably one of the most switched on fellows here in OZ about these things.
probably why he spends so much time answering questions.
i am sure my next experience will be a better one.

I'm really surprised by that given his reputation locally but I have heard all sorts of stories about wether or not he's still selling springs. I've only bought a couple of things as a walk in customer and never had an issue.

Given your experience with him I wouldn't trust him with a big purchase like that either

Hopefully Dana spicer look after you better. Good luck with the build let us know how it goes.

toshigav - We are as disappointed as you to hear about the lack of service in Australia. I recently had a similar experience trying to purchase some special equipment in the USA. Every dealer the manufacturer gave me hardly knew anything about what I wanted, or cared about helping me. It should not be like that.

We are reaching out to our contacts in Australia. At this point, we will only refer you to a dealer or shop that we have vetted on your behalf. If you can give us couple of days, we may find a worthy reference for you. If that does not work out, we will be happy to sell direct to you.

Dynatrac sells direct, and has always done so. While we have many fine dealers and service centers, we want our customers to be able to rely on Dynatrac to directly be a source of accurate information, quality products, and dependable service.

Please feel free to PM us, email us at expeditor@dynatrac.com, or contact us at 714-596-4461.

toshigav

Hello.
On a final note.
Axles ordered.
off for RHD conversion.
3-4 weeks later should be on my door.
Spoke to Murchisons (Stuart) today about some wheels.
Great service today.
Sent me in the right direction which i have followed which will result in a sale and me getting new rims.
will post photos (if i remember) on this thread if anyone might be interested.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
toshigav - We are as disappointed as you to hear about the lack of service in Australia. I recently had a similar experience trying to purchase some special equipment in the USA. Every dealer the manufacturer gave me hardly knew anything about what I wanted, or cared about helping me. It should not be like that.

We are reaching out to our contacts in Australia. At this point, we will only refer you to a dealer or shop that we have vetted on your behalf. If you can give us couple of days, we may find a worthy reference for you. If that does not work out, we will be happy to sell direct to you.

Dynatrac sells direct, and has always done so. While we have many fine dealers and service centers, we want our customers to be able to rely on Dynatrac to directly be a source of accurate information, quality products, and dependable service.

Please feel free to PM us, email us at expeditor@dynatrac.com, or contact us at 714-596-4461.

That's good to know as I'd rather buy direct when the time comes

Tombo

Any updates on this Toshigav?? I've been trying to find out the exact same info and this thread has been a bloody god send!! Wish I found it sooner!

What rims did you go with in the end and have you got any pics with everything installed??

WJCO

Meme King
Any updates on this Toshigav?? I've been trying to find out the exact same info and this thread has been a bloody god send!! Wish I found it sooner!

What rims did you go with in the end and have you got any pics with everything installed??

Welcome to WAL.

toshigav

Hello.
Update.
Axles in.
No issues in fitting them other than the weight as. Did it at home on the ground as a one man show.
Wheels are FUEL OCTANE in 18x9 6" back space or close enough to it.
I think +28 can't really remember was so long ago.
Wheels due next week.
Was recommended to go 18 for that little extra clearance on the calipers but really not necessary.
The REAL problem with 18's is tyres.
I wanted 37's.
On really 3 brands.
NITTO and only in mud grapplers.
TOYO TYRES
And
MICKEY THOMPSON. Even with these some outlets said they don't do them.
I ended up with the MT's.
$654 each landed in Darwin as opposed to $800 + each for the others.
For those of you in the US - yes that is nearly $5000au fitted and balanced for a set of 5.
Also had to go 13.5" wide instead of 12.5" is wider and will sit wider but only 10mm.
My calculations should put the tyres just level or just under with trimme factory flares and a 2" edging added.
Only complaints on the axles was the length of the speed sensor wiring. Is 4' long. Way too long. Trimmed.down and no issue.
Used Tome woods double Cardin front and rear rail shafts.
Clearances are tight. And I am talking mm.
Will know next week if this all comes together and how crazy the little CRD will rev.

toshigav

On all fours.
Needs flares cut obviously.
Tyres hang out as predicted so need to change flares or add some extra.
Can't load photos as using my iPad and do not have app
Or
Don't know what I am doing.
Will try something else.

toshigav

Hello again.
In the end the poison spyder extra wid flares just cover the tyres and make it legal.
Rear there is space the fronts are touch and go hence "just" cover.
A note to any one especially the diesel.
If you have the TJM under body armour the diff pumpkin will hit the sump armour so needs some minor modifications.
I run currie tierods and draglink.
You WILL need to grind some of the axle ends on the stub axle.
It will rub or come into contact is very simple.
Like all things re check all bolts.
When I checked the tierod ends the nuts had become loose and I presume because of the contact with stub axle end. After grinding or cutting away to suit the huge joints all remains good.
USE THE WHITE PEN MARKER TO EASILY SHOW A BOLT HAS COME LOOSE OR TO CONFIRM IT IS STILL TIGHT.
Other than that I am enjoying the new ratios revs a bit high but the benefits in 4WD out weigh this.
2300rpm at 100kmh.
37's 6sp CRD.

Top Bottom