Unit Bearings -75,000 miles?

USMC Wrangler

Ok, just hit the same speed bumps in the opposite direction at the little league. No lights. I’m going to borrow a dial indicator and see what happens after the drag link get swapped.

USMC Wrangler

The new drag link arrived tonight and I plan to get it installed in the morning. Then my wife and I are off to Tucson in Spider to celebrate our 21st. We may hit some mild off pavement stuff while we are up there. I’ll have a spare unit bearing and tools with me, just in case. I’m still waiting on the second one to arrive. Dealing with a slow seller on eBay is frustrating. [emoji849]

DBats

I just did my hubs this last weekend, using Eddie's guide. First time changing them and it was surprisingly straight forward and easy!

Attachments

• IMG_20190323_114027441_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190323_114027441_HDR.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20190323_113106028_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190323_113106028_HDR.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 137

dhughes16

I’ve been having the same exact issue as USMC for months now. It’s mostly at 50-70mph that it becomes an issue but it can get terrifying. I just ordered unit bearings so hopefully that will fix it [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I’ve been having the same exact issue as USMC for months now. It’s mostly at 50-70mph that it becomes an issue but it can get terrifying. I just ordered unit bearings so hopefully that will fix it [emoji51]

So I haven’t had a repeat of the flashing TC light, no matter how hard I try. I did get the new, complete drag link installed today, then I drove about 100 miles to Tucson. I can tell you this, other than a strong crosswind, here and there, my Jeep drives like it did when it was new. Very solid.

Anyone else considering the Ruffstuff drag link, you should know it has a straight end at the knuckle and an identical GM 1 ton end at the pitman, like my TRE’s on the Exodus Jeeps tie rod. FYI. I’ll post pictures later, after the anniversary trip. I would’ve definitely bought a DL from Bubba, if I didn’t have this trip planned and they were ready to ship.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
So I haven’t had a repeat of the flashing TC light, no matter how hard I try. I did get the new, complete drag link installed today, then I drove about 100 miles to Tucson. I can tell you this, other than a strong crosswind, here and there, my Jeep drives like it did when it was new. Very solid.

Anyone else considering the Ruffstuff drag link, you should know it has a straight end at the knuckle and an identical GM 1 ton end at the pitman, like my TRE’s on the Exodus Jeeps tie rod. FYI. I’ll post pictures later, after the anniversary trip. I would’ve definitely bought a DL from Bubba, if I didn’t have this trip planned and they were ready to ship.

Thanks for the report back. Good to hear the steering improved. I think my issues might be drag link related to. I’m seriously thinking about getting a replacement from Synergy. I’ll check out the Ruffstuff too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Top Bottom