Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

Angry Aussie

Man this is turning out to be a big event! Hopefully there won't be to many landrover people out there to get in y'all's way. Shaping up to be a great chance for me to take tons of pictures of people's rigs and on trails and drink beer and chill.

I'd be ready if I was yall Wrangler and ironin. I bet there will be plenty of people who will be will to try harder trails after yall run the easy ones. People always seem to get braver the longer they are there and see how easily there rigs handle everything. You may wanna schedule a tentative run on some of the slightly harder trails not the level 5s but may wanna find something for those who get brave later in the day.

Just my two cents.

And name tags for drivers or rigs will help people figure out who is who on the forum.

Angry Aussie

Also with this many people you should see who's bringing what food wise or grill wise. I'd love to bring something to grill but don't have a small grill to use. I'd be happy to give some one a couple beers in exchange for using your grill. No worries if no one is brining a grill.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You may wanna schedule a tentative run on some of the slightly harder trails not the level 5s but may wanna find something for those who get brave later in the day.

Just my two cents.

And name tags for drivers or rigs will help people figure out who is who on the forum.

Ive ran a few of the 4s and 5s there in my stock jeep... a side from banging the skids left and right, handled the trails like a champ... :thumb:

Also with this many people you should see who's bringing what food wise or grill wise. I'd love to bring something to grill but don't have a small grill to use. I'd be happy to give some one a couple beers in exchange for using your grill. No worries if no one is brining a grill.

I too am wondering what the "food plan" is? are we all on our own for meal? or someone with a grill bringing enough food to share in exchange for cash/etc? I would offer but as Angry Aussie, I have no portable grill yet... What are you guys thinking?

Jackal01

Ill try and get there by 11-11:30 planning on leaving there around 12-1 ish. Will come up with a exact leaving time, depending on if we agree on all meeting AT i-10 and 6 or if we are splitting the group. Just so we can put in some spare time incase it takes longer for either group to get to the meeting spot due to each route having different amount of traffic.

That timing works for me.

Just my two cents.

As much sense as that makes...I'm (and R2) not wearing a name tag. :bleh:

Edit: Anyone know if full skids are "needed"? I have only added the oil pan skid. Still need to do tranny and cross-member but undecided if I want to do that before the trip.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Edit: Anyone know if full skids are "needed"? I have only added the oil pan skid. Still need to do tranny and cross-member but undecided if I want to do that before the trip.

Probably not, i wouldnt worry about that as much as the gas tank and control arms... at least from my LIMITED experience :yup:

Angry Aussie

Ive ran a few of the 4s and 5s there in my stock jeep... a side from banging the skids left and right, handled the trails like a champ... :thumb:

I too am wondering what the "food plan" is? are we all on our own for meal? or someone with a grill bringing enough food to share in exchange for cash/etc? I would offer but as Angry Aussie, I have no portable grill yet... What are you guys thinking?

Your probably gonna have to bring your own food. Hopefully someone will have a grill and if they don't I'll just bring sandwich stuff.

Angry Aussie

That timing works for me.

As much sense as that makes...I'm (and R2) not wearing a name tag. :bleh:

No worries I'm sure I wouldn't wanna wear one either. The group is gonna be so big I know I'll forget people's names. So don't be mad if I ask anyone their name more than once! :)

Jackal01

No worries I'm sure I wouldn't wanna wear one either. The group is gonna be so big I know I'll forget people's names. So don't be mad if I ask anyone their name more than once! :)

Oh I am there with you...I will forget names if I am not regularly interacting with them.

Kumar

Your probably gonna have to bring your own food. Hopefully someone will have a grill and if they don't I'll just bring sandwich stuff.

I tried this little propane grill for the 1st time on the beach and it sucks ass. I'll probably just bring something to use to cook on a camp fire
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441832168.887948.jpg

Top Bottom