Upgrade Order ?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well I made it up the first try and he had to make 3 tries. The trail guide watching said the lower tire pressure I was running allowed the tires to conform to the rocks and just crawl up with barely any skinny pedal. Could have been I just listened better to the spotter, he gassed hard and bounced then slid off.

So it's not the beadlocks it's the fact the other guy wasn't aired down enough.

stweasel

LOL!! Well, maybe it's just me but I'd hardly call an adjuster getting torn off of a shock an issue with a Rancho product and truth be told, I'm no fan of their long arm kit being that it uses a radius arm design. Of course, we're not talking about their long arm kit on this thread but rather, their 3.5" kit. As far as joints go, Rancho just uses standard polyurethane bushings and while I personally prefer Johnny Joints or Clevite bushings, I find it hard to imagine how their joints could wear out any faster than any other manufacturers joint using polyurethane as well.

So that it isn't missed, all I'm trying to do here is put things into perspective.

I'm surprised Rancho doesn't use Clevite as they are both owned Tenneco. But if they have been around since 1955 they must know a little about suspensions.

JohnnyD

Controversial question... But what does everyone recommend for the order to upgrade your JK.... Looking at for purchases this year....
CB Radio
Poison Spyder Stinger
Warn 8000 Winch
3.5 Inch Progressive Trail Rancho Lift
EVO Rock Sliders

What Order Do you all recommend ?

The advice given here is sound...however, I took my stock jeep wheelin several times before I did any mods...slowly growing my inexperienced balls ...and then proceeded to get stuck and having to literally dig myself out because:

1) I am a moron and impatient
2) didn't have proper recovery gear
3) had no way to call for help (no cell signal)

So I vote for: cb and winch first

And please learn to use the recovery gear safely, this past weekend a buddy got his finger caught in the winch because he wasn't safe...those things are no joke powerful and they don't stop for fingers

CBoston

The advice given here is sound...however, I took my stock jeep wheelin several times before I did any mods...slowly growing my inexperienced balls ...and then proceeded to get stuck and having to literally dig myself out because:

1) I am a moron and impatient
2) didn't have proper recovery gear
3) had no way to call for help (no cell signal)

So I vote for: cb and winch first

And please learn to use the recovery gear safely, this past weekend a buddy got his finger caught in the winch because he wasn't safe...those things are no joke powerful and they don't stop for fingers

Yea, been Wheeling with the other toys and recovery is always a learning curve. Here is hoping he still has his fingers !!
And we have a Huge Jeep Group here where I am from 200 Plus members and we meet every Tuesday "Tops Down Tuesday" where we discuss and plan future Wheeling Trips so someone always has a winch.... Going to Take Eddy and Flat Top's advice for my first couple purchases... Thanks for all the Input Everyone !

Top Bottom