Useless add on/mods

Jeeptopia

Hood vents (Poison Spyder)...I fell into to the trap thinking that it can't hurt but my digital coolant temperature gauge clearly shows it has no impact in reducing coolant temps.

chitown35

LOSER
Hmm... while I am hoping I never use mine outside of the testing I done with it to make sure it was going to pull the jeep I wouldn't say it is useless. I tend to be by myself a lot when I wheel, and after spending one night years ago doggone myself out of a mud hole that was about 3 foot deep, I figure a winch is not so useless lol. Btw it only took me about 8 Hossa to get myself out. Learned the hard way have recovery equipment at all times lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Haha yeah, obviously this is why the non-penney pinching part of me bought it. Hopefully I'm never in that situation, but I haven't ever wheeled alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

daddyusmaximus

Draconianwinter

Hood vents (Poison Spyder)...I fell into to the trap thinking that it can't hurt but my digital coolant temperature gauge clearly shows it has no impact in reducing coolant temps.
Most all companies claim this will reduce engine Temps, and it doesn't. It does help hot air trapped under the hood to escape but that is about it. Other than looks they are kind of pointless I think, but again they do allow hot air to leave under the hood so I could see where it might be helpful in hot areas to help prevent over heating by allowing the air inside to circulate better.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Most all companies claim this will reduce engine Temps, and it doesn't. It does help hot air trapped under the hood to escape but that is about it. Other than looks they are kind of pointless I think, but again they do allow hot air to leave under the hood so I could see where it might be helpful in hot areas to help prevent over heating by allowing the air inside to circulate better.

It could make a difference in very hot climates. See this post.
http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=753438

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepfan30

Aftermarket Steering stabilizer, reusable air filters that require oil, and throttle body spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hear ya on the steering stabilizer. Fox ATS was one of my first mods based off a friends advice. Took it off yesterday after being on my Jeep since new, been driving 2 days with no stabilizer and still handles great going 70 mph even when hitting bumps. I'll be selling it and putting stock one back on. Not to mention my steering always felt heavy...not anymore! Useless mod!

pauljbrennan

Afternoon, everyone

Was wondering what you commonly see on the roads or on the trail as the most overrated modification people do to their JK.

For example, the 50" LED light bar. Personally, I love it, don't own it, but like the look. Having said that, it's hard for me to justify buying that for $700 when it seems most trails close at dusk.

What gets you thinking, "Ha, what a waste of money?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

eBay for about $200 is ok

pauljbrennan

Full agree - just put on the EVO MFG one on the weekend and it is crap - a spur of the minute purchase - what a waste

daddyusmaximus

I hear ya on the steering stabilizer. Fox ATS was one of my first mods based off a friends advice. Took it off yesterday after being on my Jeep since new, been driving 2 days with no stabilizer and still handles great going 70 mph even when hitting bumps. I'll be selling it and putting stock one back on. Not to mention my steering always felt heavy...not anymore! Useless mod!

Agreed useless. I bent the stabilizer on my truck when she broke through the ice out snow wheeling, and had to take it off to continue. Never replaced it, because there was no need.

Learo2000GT

Agreed useless. I bent the stabilizer on my truck when she broke through the ice out snow wheeling, and had to take it off to continue. Never replaced it, because there was no need.

Agree. Lost a inner washer to mine and didn't have it on for six months. Put it back on and just made the steering heavy. Going to sell and get a worth mod.

Top Bottom