Uwharrie opening weekend

CarolinaDozer

Wish I would have ran Daniel with you guys, we went to the ledge to check it out. I'm going back some time soon just for that.

swampdog

Wish I would have ran Daniel with you guys, we went to the ledge to check it out. I'm going back some time soon just for that.

It was pretty gnarly. Pure slop at the base so there was zero rear traction and the rocks were still wet. EPetry was the only one who made it up without winch help. I'm looking forward to tackling it again soon dry.

I spent an hour today rinsing and cleaning the car, and the another 45 getting the mud out of the inside. Worth every minute.

jkwebbie

It was pretty gnarly. Pure slop at the base so there was zero rear traction and the rocks were still wet. EPetry was the only one who made it up without winch help. I'm looking forward to tackling it again soon dry.

I spent an hour today rinsing and cleaning the car, and the another 45 getting the mud out of the inside. Worth every minute.

I'm down to run Daniel again. Just say when lol

WJCO

Meme King

How are the new gears treating you?

chili84

20160402_093457[1].jpg 20160403_111324[1].jpg

[video]https://www.facebook.com/daniel.childress.71404/videos/vb.100011391995650/208019299587802/?type=3&theater[/video]

swampdog

How are the new gears treating you?

So. Much. Better. The 4.88 is definitely the sweet spot for 35's. I'm in a six speed and would really have to be a bonehead on the trail to stall it out. It crawled great. Also, the ARB in the rear is a TOTAL game changer. It was like wheeling a whole new rig.

Thanks for asking!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
So. Much. Better. The 4.88 is definitely the sweet spot for 35's. I'm in a six speed and would really have to be a bonehead on the trail to stall it out. It crawled great. Also, the ARB in the rear is a TOTOAL game changer. It was like wheeling a whole new rig.

Thanks for asking!

Sweet. Glad to hear it worked out.

chili84

Had a blast guys! Thanks for putting this together. Hope I didn't slow anybody down. #ItsALease[/QUOTE]

Love the hashtag!!

chili84

Curiosity whoever had the STT Pros on the Black 2dr JK how did they perform

That was mine and they performed great. I've wheeled them before but nothing like this. I was confident in what they were capable of. Even on the real slick snot Saturday morning they cleaned up really well and allowed me to get out of certain spots with ease. Road noise, there really isn't any. Ride quality and handling is good, too. My only CON, avoid puddles like the plague. They don't channel water at all. Other than that, great tire and the price isn't bad for a 37. I'm sure once supply and demand kick in, the price will go up.

On a side note, big thanks to CarolinaDozer for setting this up and all the running up and down the hills to assist in spotting. Sorry that I wore my bitch mittens! lol.

JSTJPN

Looks like you guys had a great time! Hope i can make the next one!

Rebelcon, are there any good trails over in your neck of the woods? We frequent that area often for family get a ways and I have only seen those few over in Cades Cove.

Dave

RebelconJk

Rebelcon, are there any good trails over in your neck of the woods? We frequent that area often for family get a ways and I have only seen those few over in Cades Cove.

Dave

Other then Parsons Branch, not really. Parsons Branch is a gravel road that goes thru the woods, a few vary shallow creek crossings. You can do the whole thing in 2WD, still a fun little trek through the woods. It dumps you out on the tail of the dragon, super fun curvy road! There is Rich Mountain Road too, kinda the same deal. I've never been on this one, the wife and i are gonna check this one out soon. Hope this helps.

Warren

JSTJPN

Other then Parsons Branch, not really. Parsons Branch is a gravel road that goes thru the woods, a few vary shallow creek crossings. You can do the whole thing in 2WD, still a fun little trek through the woods. It dumps you out on the tail of the dragon, super fun curvy road! There is Rich Mountain Road too, kinda the same deal. I've never been on this one, the wife and i are gonna check this one out soon. Hope this helps.

Warren

Gotcha. I love that area. Too bad there isn't more trails.

Do you ever hit windrock?

RebelconJk

Gotcha. I love that area. Too bad there isn't more trails.

Do you ever hit windrock?

Yeah, i wish there were too. It's a great area to live we are 5 miles from the Smokey Mtns. Yeah, i have been to Windrock once with the Wayalife crew on the 2nd pre run for the end of the summer trip. We moved to the area not too long ago from VA.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
That was mine and they performed great. I've wheeled them before but nothing like this. I was confident in what they were capable of. Even on the real slick snot Saturday morning they cleaned up really well and allowed me to get out of certain spots with ease. Road noise, there really isn't any. Ride quality and handling is good, too. My only CON, avoid puddles like the plague. They don't channel water at all. Other than that, great tire and the price isn't bad for a 37. I'm sure once supply and demand kick in, the price will go up.

On a side note, big thanks to CarolinaDozer for setting this up and all the running up and down the hills to assist in spotting. Sorry that I wore my bitch mittens! lol.

Awesome thank you for getting back with me on that I'm sold on the STT Pros for my next set when that comes into view

Top Bottom