Various questions - evo corners - rotopax mounting.

Holeshot

Banned
I am planning to buy a set of evo rear corners for my 2 door and a pair of evo rocker skins, and I just can't find any pictures of both on a 2 door. If you guys have any pictures it would be great.

I would also like to see any "custom" light setup on the evo corners. I would probably add back ups under the brake lights, like the psc corners did.

------------------

I have the genright tire carrier, and there is a very small gap between the spare tire and my tramp stamp. I'm just wondering how much room takes rotopax once installed. If I could fit 2 on my tailgate it would be awesome. The tramp stamp I got is the vector offroad, which is already designed to mount rotopax on it.

So if someone could bring some measurements it would be appreciated. I might have to replace my current tramp stamp for one flat plate, so I would gain like 1/2". Otherwise, I would need suggestions on how and where you have mounted yours.

PS : I'd like to avoid to mount them on the back of my carrier, already have the hi-lift there.

Thanks.

bl17z90

Cozdude has the evo skins and sliders and his rig is red so it would give you a good idea of what you would be looking at.

Hinrich has had the genright carrier for awile now so he might have figured something out.

Both have 2 doorw.

Holeshot

Banned
alright thanks, I'll wait until they shime in.

But I was talking about the fit of the rocker guards and corners, not the sliders ;)

I have found during my research that the vector offroad tramp stamp, with the element plate and rotopax sticks out 4.5" from the tail gate, I don't think it would fit. Gonna have to measure that out.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes I have the EVO rock skins but not the corners. Also have the sliders. Hinrich has them as well.

Hinrich
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392473850.180788.jpg

You can kinda see them here
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392473902.346104.jpg

I don't have any other good photos on my phone. I will have to get on my computer later and upload some

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hinrich is talking about getting the corners in the near future but hasn't pulled the trigger yet. As far as making them connect I remember gcm2 saying that only the outlaw corners that he runs will connect to the rockers guards. Also it's only for a 4 door. You would need them to be made in house at EVO as a custom build

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thanks for the info!

But I think the version to keep the flares is different, isnt it?

Yes it is but it doesn't connect to the rockers like you want. It would have to be a custom build in house.

Sent from my iPhone

Holeshot

Banned
so its the 4dr version only :thinking: I would end up like this

0e4bdc64.jpg

I thought there really was a 2 door version of the evo corners that would connect to the rocker skins. I have seen a red 2 door on myjeeprocks and I was pretty sure it was a full version of evo corners, but after I read what you've just said I went back to look at it and it turned out to be a mix of evo corners and metal cloak rear fender armor :thinking:

Holeshot

Banned
sweet. that's a nice jeep!

attachment.php

That's what I was thinking. I guess I might do the front portion myself then :thinking: or leave it like this, idk.

Rusty

If it were my jeep Holeshot I’d probably finish it, but it does look nice to see some red!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
That's what I was thinking. I guess I might do the front portion myself then :thinking: or leave it like this, idk.

I am finally working on installing my set, and I was thinking about making a custom section to connect the skins together. Also there is not enough room behind the genright with a tire to run a rotopax, would have to be on the carrier. This is what I am running currently. Also need to figure out how I am going to run the carrier with the skins, or sell it and move to the evo carrier.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/69084656@N03/16315133199/player/" width="361" height="640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Top Bottom