VIAIR tank with ARB compressor

Mtb275

I was given a VIAIR tank.

I currently have the twin ARB, I haven't installed it yet. I will be soon.

Is there any reason I should try to plumb the ARB into the VIAIR tank?

Image1485227613.282725.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If it were me, I wouldn't. Unless you are planning on running air tools. Tank takes up extra space.

Mtb275

If it were me, I wouldn't. Unless you are planning on running air tools. Tank takes up extra space.

Although air tools would be nice, I'm not planning on carrying them.

I was thinking if I did plumb it in, I would put it where the muffler is currently. And then move the muffler to dump out at axle.

But like you, I really don't think I would need it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Was wondering the same thing but for an ARB single. Would it speed up airing up or would the air leave the tank faster than it could be replenished? I'm pretty sure there's room under the belly on the driver's side to stuff a small tank up there out of the way.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I was thinking single also since I have singles in both my Jeep's.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app Also pretty sure it would empty the tank faster than the ARB can refill it.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Was wondering the same thing but for an ARB single. Would it speed up airing up or would the air leave the tank faster than it could be replenished? I'm pretty sure there's room under the belly on the driver's side to stuff a small tank up there out of the way.

I was thinking single also since I have singles in both my Jeep's.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app Also pretty sure it would empty the tank faster than the ARB can refill it.

You could add a pressure regulator onto the tank so that say it fills up to 150 psi the compressor shuts off. When pressure hits 100 psi then it cycles back on to keep the tank full

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sounds good, but would that make airing up more efficient with the single compressor?

Eh yea possibly. You would need a 2 or 3 gallon tank at least for t to be worth it. I know on my buddies bagged cars he builds he uses 5 gallon tanks with a vlair 430 which has around the same duty cycle as the single arb

BaddestCross

Eh yea possibly. You would need a 2 or 3 gallon tank at least for t to be worth it. I know on my buddies bagged cars he builds he uses 5 gallon tanks with a vlair 430 which has around the same duty cycle as the single arb
I was thinking 2 gallon would fit, so that's good to hear. If I can find some cheap parts I may give it a shot.

Top Bottom