Vibration under load

Loosened all control arms ,track bar and disconnected sway bar. Shook it out and then torqued to spec. No change. Had the wife turn the wheel while I checked the TRE's they all look good. Changed front diff fluid and rear diff fluid. No change.
Did find some metal pcs in the rear on the magnet.
View attachment 70494 View attachment 70495

I used spidey minifig so you can determin the size. I think this is a separate issue to the vibration issue.

Im thinking it may be the motor mounts. If I put the jeep in reverse with brake pressed the engine vibrates. Same if I put in drive and hold the brake. I cant see movement in the engine fom above. Underneath if I push up on the oil pan I can feel the engine move. Its not much, its like the rubber mount is flexing. Is this normal?

Next step is re-install front ds and remove rear ds.

Those are pieces of teeth from the ring, and or pinion gears. That's why the vibration goes away when you let off the gas.

Hooligan

Update: Vibration was the front track bar axle bracket bolt had wallowed out the hole. Also both ends of the drag link had busted again. Rear diff issue was a worn out trac-lok resulting in too much play at the spider gears.
Cheers

Top Bottom