VIDEO!! Moab EJS 2013

1BAMFR

For those of us who have never experienced Moab...what is it like? As far as...Is it an "offroad park"?...or is it just a huge desert like area off the highway and its a "free for all"?

Is there memberships to offroad there?

Have to have a guide with you?

BEE'S TWIN

For those of us who have never experienced Moab...what is it like? As far as...Is it an "offroad park"?...or is it just a huge desert like area off the highway and its a "free for all"?

It's 4 wheel heaven... You don't really pay to go on the trails unless its big events like EJS.. Slick rock, desert tundra, forest ( geyser pass, la sal mountains).. You would really enjoy it

JKBANDIT55

It's not an off road park really. You have to stay on the designated trail. Some trails like hells revenge charge 5$ a vehicle but its well worth it. Most trails are free. Town is about 10 min away from most trails and camp sites. Also, lots of condos and places to stay the night for cheap.

For us. We camped near Kane creek (free camping there). We hit the super market in town to get food for the night while camping once a day instead of loading up a whole weeks worth of food. Woke up every morning, headed to town, hit some McDonald's and met with our groups at our buddies condo he rented. Had a garage with all the tools needed to fix the jeep if something goes wrong.

If you go during EJS a guide isn't really needed as there will be plenty of groups to follow.

But if its just you or a small group, there's trail maps you can buy in town to help you navigate through the trails. Also, a lot if trails we did had white markings on the rocks to follow to make sure your on the trail still.

Just be careful. Some obstacles don't have a by pass and are pretty scary. We did mostly 6-8 rated trails. And I did fine, but only because we had guys with us that were great spotters and do those trails every year. If it weren't for them, I think I would have done some serious damage.

Also, what looks like steep climbs on the rocks, you would think you have no chance getting up but, that red slick rock is more like sand paper. You make it up things that would be damn near impossible here in Colorado.

It's the most fun I've ever had wheeling and recommend it to everyone that wants to see some beautiful scenery and wheeling fun!!!

1BAMFR

It's not an off road park really. You have to stay on the designated trail. Some trails like hells revenge charge 5$ a vehicle but its well worth it. Most trails are free. Town is about 10 min away from most trails and camp sites. Also, lots of condos and places to stay the night for cheap.

For us. We camped near Kane creek (free camping there). We hit the super market in town to get food for the night while camping once a day instead of loading up a whole weeks worth of food. Woke up every morning, headed to town, hit some McDonald's and met with our groups at our buddies condo he rented. Had a garage with all the tools needed to fix the jeep if something goes wrong.

If you go during EJS a guide isn't really needed as there will be plenty of groups to follow.

But if its just you or a small group, there's trail maps you can buy in town to help you navigate through the trails. Also, a lot if trails we did had white markings on the rocks to follow to make sure your on the trail still.

Just be careful. Some obstacles don't have a by pass and are pretty scary. We did mostly 6-8 rated trails. And I did fine, but only because we had guys with us that were great spotters and do those trails every year. If it weren't for them, I think I would have done some serious damage.

Also, what looks like steep climbs on the rocks, you would think you have no chance getting up but, that red slick rock is more like sand paper. You make it up things that would be damn near impossible here in Colorado.

It's the most fun I've ever had wheeling and recommend it to everyone that wants to see some beautiful scenery and wheeling fun!!!

Man...that sounds like I need to book a trip out there sometime soon!

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for all the great info!

It's 4 wheel heaven... You don't really pay to go on the trails unless its big events like EJS.. Slick rock, desert tundra, forest ( geyser pass, la sal mountains).. You would really enjoy it

4 wheel heaven is on my "bucket-list"!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom