Video: Pancake Rock

TheDuff

ok, looks like my claim already went through and took care of the issue. let me know if for some reason it goes down again:thumb:

if a mod wants to clean up the thread, feel free:)

Rebel JK

Hey Branden nice job! Thanks for putting it together. Looking forward to the next run! Thanks again Adam.

TheDuff

Well, hope everyone that wanted to see it got to. UMG supposedly reviewed my claim and w/o any explanation reinstated the block on the video.... Too bad really, this behavior really doesn't make me want to pay for the music of the artists they are associated with. I understand them wanting to stop people from using their content in videos where they are making money and not giving them a piece of the pie. Sigh:(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

BoogieMan

I understand them wanting to stop people from using their content in videos where they are making money and not giving them a piece of the pie. Sigh:(

But by playing their music it's free advertising for them and possibly have more customers that want the single or whole album.

Any luck posting the video on dailymotion?

TheDuff

But by playing their music it's free advertising for them and possibly have more customers that want the single or whole album.

Any luck posting the video on dailymotion?

I agree with you. I could place an appeal, but it moves the fight out side of just YouTube, I would have to provide my personal information and it would put a strike on my account if rejected... I don't feel like leaving my self open to receive letters from their legal department. They just have too much power.
I did upload it to daily motion, it worked yesterday (sadly only allowing 480p) but I just went to copy the link and it says its currently being published, so not sure what all that's about. Hopefully not some bs, where the long arm of umg reached over and was able to destroy my video on dailymotion as well....

rinkishjk

Well, hope everyone that wanted to see it got to. UMG supposedly reviewed my claim and w/o any explanation reinstated the block on the video.... Too bad really, this behavior really doesn't make me want to pay for the music of the artists they are associated with. I understand them wanting to stop people from using their content in videos where they are making money and not giving them a piece of the pie. Sigh:(

I was confused because last night I watched it on my phone, but now it says blocked in my country again.
I can't blame u for being upset.
Btw awesome video and great soundtracks! I thought your notes at the end would have been good enough, but I guess no..

jkrossi

Is there any way I can bring you thumb drive or disc so could have a copy of the video you took that day?

Top Bottom