Warn PowerPlant 9.5 -OR- Warn 9.5cti & ARB Twin

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
did you ever figure out which option to go with? if so, why?
im assuming you did since it is now past august.

Charlie Mike

did you ever figure out which option to go with? if so, why?
im assuming you did since it is now past august.

Yes. Decided to go with the Warn 9.5cti and the ARB Twin under hood. A few reasons really. First, found a bomb deal on a used 9.5cti. Second, I wasn't a big fan of how absolutely massive the PowerPlant was, and would be on my front bumper. Third, I knew I would run ARB lockers eventually and I always like planning ahead.

I'm very happy with the combination I decided with, and it served me well on the Rubicon. Had to use the winch 3 times. Honestly I think I would have been happy either way really. At the end of the day, I knew both options were solid, and I could not go wrong.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Yes. Decided to go with the Warn 9.5cti and the ARB Twin under hood. A few reasons really. First, found a bomb deal on a used 9.5cti. Second, I wasn't a big fan of how absolutely massive the PowerPlant was, and would be on my front bumper. Third, I knew I would run ARB lockers eventually and I always like planning ahead.

I'm very happy with the combination I decided with, and it served me well on the Rubicon. Had to use the winch 3 times. Honestly I think I would have been happy either way really. At the end of the day, I knew both options were solid, and I could not go wrong.

Nice, sounds like that option worked out well for you. I think i am going to go the same direction but stuck on getting the Twin compressor or just the single output one. I also don't like how expensive the Powerplant Winch is. I only have a small number to spend right now and that will take my whole budget and then some.

Charlie Mike

I also don't like how expensive the Powerplant Winch is.

And that was reason #4 I forgot to mention.
It was tough for me to drop that much all at one time (if I decided to go with the PowerPlant). I think with the great deal on the used 9.5cti and going with the new ARB Twin I came ahead maybe $150 NET when compared to buying the PowerPlant out right. I saved a little, but not significant. If I would have bought the 9.5cti new and the Twin new , I would have been well over the cost of the PowerPlant. But being able to pay for each part separately (winch then compressor) really helped mediate the "spending pains."

trailless

Caught the Bug
And that was reason #4 I forgot to mention.
It was tough for me to drop that much all at one time (if I decided to go with the PowerPlant). I think with the great deal on the used 9.5cti and going with the new ARB Twin I came ahead maybe $150 NET when compared to buying the PowerPlant out right. I saved a little, but not significant. If I would have bought the 9.5cti new and the Twin new , I would have been well over the cost of the PowerPlant. But being able to pay for each part separately (winch then compressor) really helped mediate the "spending pains."

Did you end up receiving the winch? I ordered mine and probably from the same place, especially because you keep mentioning the sweet deal you got. :thumb:

bouche03

Do you have pics of the winch set up? I have a few of these and would to see them mounted before I decide which route to go

Top Bottom