Warn winch

WJCO

Meme King
You do realize that while it looks good, in theory, when you are actually winching, you won't be able to wrap the line like that. You'll still need to un-pinch and reel your winch line out and re-do it when you're done.

I'm sure it prevents the line from pinching and working it's way all the way to the drum.

Wouldn't this 45 degree wrap also make the winch line wrap so thick that it hits winch frame? I'll have to look at mine.

While you're winching the line does it's own thing. But other than that, the method works fine. On the Zeon, the last row does touch the top of the frame, however while spooling in, you can guide the abrasion sleeve on top of the rope to help protect it. I keep my abrasion sleeve near the hook so that it's the last thing to spool in.

Oreo_penguin536

While you're winching the line does it's own thing. But other than that, the method works fine. On the Zeon, the last row does touch the top of the frame, however while spooling in, you can guide the abrasion sleeve on top of the rope to help protect it. I keep my abrasion sleeve near the hook so that it's the last thing to spool in.

Should I have my abrasion line new the hook? I have mine at the bottom of the spool, didn’t think it mattered and a guy from 4wp told me to keep it on the bottom of the spool

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Should I have my abrasion line new the hook? I have mine at the bottom of the spool, didn’t think it mattered and a guy from 4wp told me to keep it on the bottom of the spool

Huh? 4wp told you to have it near the drum? No. The whole point of that sleeve is so that if you are winching and have a rock or tree in the way, you can use that sleeve to hug the obstacle and protect the rope. You will rarely get to use it if it's close to the drum. You want it within the first 10 feet of rope or so, so that you can get to it easily.

wjtstudios

Hooked

It needs to be at the front the line near the hook. WJCO is right, you put them over any abrasive obstacles. But it also needs to cover any exposed line once it’s drawn in if you connect it to the d ring mount on the bumper. The UV light will degrade synthetic line and loose strength.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Are you talking about an abrasion cover, or a heat cover? Because a heat cover does need to be on the drum side.

jeffd

if running warn spydura the heat cover/wrap is applied to the rope it is not moveable like the rock/chafe guard.

WJCO

Meme King
Are you talking about an abrasion cover, or a heat cover? Because a heat cover does need to be on the drum side.

if running warn spydura the heat cover/wrap is applied to the rope it is not moveable like the rock/chafe guard.

Correct. The Sypdura rope has the heat guard built in on the drum end of the rope. The abrasion sleeve slides wherever.

Oreo_penguin536

No idea, I’m guessing it’s an abrasion sleeve, it’s a rougher thick black cover that slides on the line. It can have10 wraps on the spoil with how thick it is

Last edited:
Top Bottom