Warranty question??

trailraider

I've had numerous "warranty" issues and everyone has been handled by my dealership. These have been from head gasket, heads, clock spring, 5 - 730n's, etc. All have been covered. I honestly believe each dealer is different and I personally feel that ours is pretty reasonable. The only guff I've received is after I went outside my 36k factory warranty into my extended warranty they wanted to inspect the issue first before they said they would cover it. They have asked me to remove "mods" so they can get to the repair but that's the worst I've encountered, so far lol.

usually it isnt a Chrysler warranty with the extended's. its a third party "insurance" policy.
the dealer has these as they make more money in the finance department, but when it comes to the service department it a nightmare for them. lots of hoops to go through for the "warranty". payment from them is a nightmare if you dont follow their rules for repair.

Warranty question

Ok I have a question that Ive been curious about for awhile. If you have a warranty problem do you have to take it back to the dealer you bought the car from or can you take it to any Chevy dealer?

I would love to go to South Carolina and buy the car to save a lot on sales tax but Im afraid that if there is any problems that I will end having to go back down there to get it fixed.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
You realize this is a jeep forum right? This may be the most random thing I've seen on the Internet.

Your right this is pretty random. At least he filled out his profile :shock: says his off road vehicle is a Mazda CX-9... :thinking: good luck with that.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Lives in Kiev but wants to buy a car in south Carolina? :what:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Warranty work is always a risky business with a dealership. Some are supportive and sponsor off road activities. They tend to be enlightened and only look sideways at mods that directly cause issues. Others will give grief if you have an accessory ash tray on the Jeep. It's a crap shoot. Check around and try to create a polite relationship with the service manager. Most are reasonable. Good luck.:yup:

Jeeplife101

Ok so I took the jeep in on Friday for 2nd oil change and to fix transmission noise/problem. They say they will call when it's done. Tuesday comes around and I'm anxiously waiting for the call. I don't want to pressure them cuz my 4" lift kit and tires might affect the warranty and I want them to do warranty work still for me. Anyways they called finally on Tuesday and told me after looking at it all weekend that they come to see its the rear driveshaft and said it would not be covered under warranty due to me having w 4" lift kit and it having not "limit straps" I have exhaust spacers , I was unaware I needed limit straps is this true? He then states it will cost 1500 to fix I said a few things to him trying to act a little dumbfounded that my warranty wouldn't be covered etc and asked isn't there anything they could do and told him I can give u any review u want lol he said ok I'll call you back. Well 26 hrs go by with no call. I decided I will call and see if I'm going to get screwed or not. This guy makes my day when I call and says" I like red wine (Cabernet that is)." Says should be ready tomorrow. What a relief. I don't know if it was me bringing up the dealer reviews I would leave or if he was craving some red wine but either way goes to show u don't give up when trying to get warranty work done even when they say it voids ur warranty just don't be pushy and hope for the best. Hope this helps someone in similar situation.
O|||||||O

Top Bottom