Warranty question?

Dman

Does changing out for bigger tires or other mods like lifts void your warranty? :thinking: Thank you in advance for your thoughts.....

Napalm90

Does changing out for bigger tires or other mods like lifts void your warranty? :thinking: Thank you in advance for your thoughts.....

I dont believe it does.

edit: I think just the parts you take off are no longer covered.

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Warranty Question?

Some may have a more definitive answer, but in my experience it depends on the dealership. I have a friend with a JK that works at a Jeep dealership in NY and when he changed out for 35s and suspension lift, they voided only suspension work on his Jeep. My dealership here in SC covers mine on 33s because I am still using stock suspension components with a leveling kit. They said it was fine. In order to not cover work under warranty, they would have to prove that the mods you did had a direct effect on the parts that failed.

StrizzyChris

Some may have a more definitive answer, but in my experience it depends on the dealership. I have a friend with a JK that works at a Jeep dealership in NY and when he changed out for 35s and suspension lift, they voided only suspension work on his Jeep. My dealership here in SC covers mine on 33s because I am still using stock suspension components with a leveling kit. They said it was fine. In order to not cover work under warranty, they would have to prove that the mods you did had a direct effect on the parts that failed.

He is absolutely correct, EXCEPT Chrysler's a complete PITA and horrible company in their warranty practices! They will illegally flag your jeep and void your entire vehicles warranty if one dealership or employee wishes to. I dont know how a class action lawsuit hasnt been filed yet with how sue happy the US is.

Dman

Thank you for the info....still jonesing for some bigger wheels and a "small" lift. Can't let Chrysler get me down!

Stay safe everybody

JKU EXTREME

The place where I picked up my JKU said that the warranty would hold up if the max I went was a 4" lift with 35" tires
But other dealerships may vary on how they hold up their warranty
Best of luck

Sent from JKU EXTREME from his Wayalife iPhone app

StrizzyChris

The place where I picked up my JKU said that the warranty would hold up if the max I went was a 4" lift with 35" tires
But other dealerships may vary on how they hold up their warranty

I agree. I bought mine from erwin chrysler in Troy OH and they are great guys! They pretty much said that ANYTHING thats factory they will warranty just like the law states. If I gusset the axle c's then the axle knuckles, ball joints and tubes are void but the housing would remain intact. No limit to size of lift to the warranty except to suspension components involved would be void, Same for tires, would void all things axle related. If only all dealerships were good/respectable people!

spinuck

Not to scare the OP, but I'm in a bit of warranty dispute right now. They're trying to deny warranty work on a broken rear locker, because I have a 4" lift and 35's. They piece of the vehicle that was used literally a couple dozen miles of the vehicles 15,000.

SPIELUHR

^^^ I agree with all American and I work at a jeep dealership . . They really have to prove that because of the lift is why the part failed. That's at the one I work at but like all American said it really depends on the dealership

Cajun JK

I went with a mopar lift. The dealerships I use said they will still cover everything because its a dealer item. Everything is still covered. A little more money, but no worries about warranty

Top Bottom