Warranty with Tazer JL and upgrades

Jackboeker83

I should get my Jeep back out of the shop (lift, PSC steering, axles and other things) sometime this week and I have a few questions. We will use the Tazer JL to change the tire size, gear ratio, remove the FAD and hydraulic steering. With that being said, how do I unmarry it and take it to the dealer as recommended. Once I do then I will have all kinds of error and I doubt I'll even be able to drive it. I understand doing most of what I have done voids a lot of my warranty but I was kind of hoping to keep my engine warranty (3.0 diesel) in tack. The Tazer JL itself isn't a tuner but I am not sure the dealer will see it that way. Anyone have any experience with this?

kevman65

Hooked
First, you don't have to unmarry it, just remove it.

Second, if you have lost the instructions (as I have twice) they are easy to print from their website.

Z Automotive is the company name.

Jackboeker83

First, you don't have to unmarry it, just remove it.

Second, if you have lost the instructions (as I have twice) they are easy to print from their website.

Z Automotive is the company name.
That's where I got the idea that I had to unmarry the Tazer before dealer service. In the instructions it tells you 5 different places to unmarry before taking it to the dealer. Maybe they are just being overly cautious.

kevman65

Hooked
Yes, I think it's a precautionary thing. I haven't had any issues from my 2 trips in.

I don't remember the cheat code steps and I don't remember where I put the cheat sheet, AGAIN.

No
That's where I got the idea that I had to unmarry the Tazer before dealer service. In the instructions it tells you 5 different places to unmarry before taking it to the dealer. Maybe they are just being overly cautious.
Sadly they are not being overly cautious. Dealers may very well void a warranty issue if it has a tazer installed. I know for sure one of my local dealers would. Fuckers

Jackboeker83

No

Sadly they are not being overly cautious. Dealers may very well void a warranty issue if it has a tazer installed. I know for sure one of my local dealers would. Fuckers
Ok... If I take it in for an oil change then I am playing Russian Roulette. I will try to probe my dealership and see what they will or will not accept. Once again... I know most of my drivetrain warranty is void. I would like to keep the engine warranty.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok... If I take it in for an oil change then I am playing Russian Roulette. I will try to probe my dealership and see what they will or will not accept. Once again... I know most of my drivetrain warranty is void. I would like to keep the engine warranty.
Your dealer will not void your warranty for just bringing it in for an oil change. Hell I have worked on tuned diesel trucks and haven’t voided the warranty. Only time it comes into play is if you can prove that that the mods were the cause of a failure.

duktrx

My only thought for the OP is, what happens to the Tazer if the dealership flashes the ECU? With my Superchips, I had to pay to unlock my programmer. I took it in for the airbag recall and didn't know they nuked the changes to the tire size and got pulled over for speeding; fortunately, the officer didn't ticket me for it; I tried to reprogram on the side of the road. The few times it has gone to the dealership since I clear all the programming in the parking lot.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My only thought for the OP is, what happens to the Tazer if the dealership flashes the ECU? With my Superchips, I had to pay to unlock my programmer. I took it in for the airbag recall and didn't know they nuked the changes to the tire size and got pulled over for speeding; fortunately, the officer didn't ticket me for it; I tried to reprogram on the side of the road. The few times it has gone to the dealership since I clear all the programming in the parking lot.
I left mine in most recently. Went in for a warranty oil leak repair and an ecm reprogram. Left the tazer in by accident. All the settings were still the same after programming.

Top Bottom