Washboard roads and shocks

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Ddays just installed one. Go to his build thread to see it under the seat. Since you have a two door tho it's hard to install one there since you need to fold it forward to allow people in the back

LOL! Reason why I got a two door...no room for others than my wife and dog! Thanks I will check out

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Reservoirs are great for keeping your shocks from fading if you are going to be driving lots of washboard roads fast and for long periods of time. If you are the type to take your time, make frequent stops to explore, etc then they are far from needed. I ran the Fox 2.0 shocks and they handled washboard roads and big bumps great at speed, but at the cost of being stiff on the road and feeling a lot of road imperfections at regular speed and daily driving. I'm running the Rancho 5000s right now. They handle daily driving better than the Fox shocks (I prefer a softer ride) but are not as good as the Fox's when soaking up bumps at speed or rebounding on washboard roads. I'm considering the Rancho 9000s right now because I can have the ability to dial them in for what I need, and the 9000s are available with or without reservoirs as well. I'm going to try one of those options out with my JKS springs, and if it's still not soft enough, then I'm swapping to 3" plush rides as well. Good luck on your search Pete!

Yup I do stop and explore. I am looking at the plush ones too. The 9000's might be the best of both worlds. Wow I did not know they were also available with them too. They are adjustable an are less expensive than ones with reservoirs.

Ddays

Hooked
Ddays just installed one. Go to his build thread to see it under the seat. Since you have a two door tho it's hard to install one there since you need to fold it forward to allow people in the back

^^ on the last page of my build thread. Coz is right on with the 2 door flip forward seat tho. I guess it's doable if you had slack in the line and mounted the locker solenoid & manifold (if you are even running one) in the engine compartment.

You guys don't air down to less than 25psi?

My post was more of a joke since I pinched 4 sidewalls in one weekend (at 20psi) in Death Valley

I meant I run 25psi on the street just so it doesn't feel like I'm driving a dump truck!

Top Bottom