Watcha cookin'?

jesse3638

Hooked
Beer Brats - My Polish Grandmother taught me to simmer them in beer and onions:

View attachment 297003

Then grill them, low & slow:

View attachment 297004
I do it the other way around when I make Italian sausage. I cook in a hot skillet for about 25 minutes. Then throw onion and peppers in until soft then add beer and simmer. Serve on a soft French roll steamed with the onion and peppers on them. So good.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I do it the other way around when I make Italian sausage. I cook in a hot skillet for about 25 minutes. Then throw onion and peppers in until soft then add beer and simmer. Serve on a soft French roll steamed with the onion and peppers on them. So good.

For parties, after grilling they go in a crock with new beer and onions.

With your Italians, doesn’t the beer and onions rob the sausage of the Italian flavor? I grill Italians from start to finish and serve with olive oil sautéed peppers and onions with a dash of Italian seasoning.

jesse3638

Hooked
For parties, after grilling they go in a crock with new beer and onions.

With your Italians, doesn’t the beer and onions rob the sausage of the Italian flavor? I grill Italians from start to finish and serve with olive oil sautéed peppers and onions with a dash of Italian seasoning.
Surprisingly it doesn't. I usually use lighter beer. Not even enough to cover them. I also leave all the drippings and remnants from the onions and peppers in the pan. The beer deglazes it. They're a hit at the station as it puts most into food coma...haha.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Surprisingly it doesn't. I usually use lighter beer. Not even enough to cover them. I also leave all the drippings and remnants from the onions and peppers in the pan. The beer deglazes it. They're a hit at the station as it puts most into food coma...haha.

Lol, a food comma IS the true measure of cooking success! I will have to try that.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Breakfast Dinner, hand sliced French Toast, Maple Sausage Links and Quiche with Canadian Bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Spinach in a Puff Pastry:

IMG_6738.jpg

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Mmm yumm. Yukon gold potatoes tossed in butter, s&p, fresh green beans (steamed), 30 day dry aged strip.

Attachments

• 20180330_200023.jpg
    20180330_200023.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 61

JAGS

Hooked
Surf and turf. Salmon, rib eyes, with some veggies and cornbread.

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

Kids and the wife were happy. What more can ask for.

Also made some scratch mango salsa which was a hit before dinner.

IMG_4717.jpg

Top Bottom