Watcha cookin'?

TrailHunter

Hooked
:drool:

man, living on the east coast sucks sometimes. I've never seen that & had to google it. Guess what I'm making Sunday :brows:

Got a recipe to share???

I’ve done it a couple ways... this one is simplified and a copy of a local lunch truck... ingredients are the same either way... its just how you cut or blend.

No blend:

Chop up: Serrano peppers, red onion, cucumber, tomato... Mix with peeled and butterflied RAW shrimp. Fill with Lime juice until it covers everything (Lime cooks the Shrimp) Add Salt, Pepper, sliced Avocado. (Smaller shrimp or cut in half are better here)

Blended:

Blend lime juice with Serrano peppers salt & pepper. Poor over larger slices of onion, cucumber, tomato and Avocado and butterflied RAW shrimp.

(The more Serrano, the hotter it is... you may start to sweat... lol)

Let sit 10 min until shrimp turns reddish.

Serve with tostada or tortilla chips and beer.

Ddays

Hooked
I’ve done it a couple ways... this one is simplified and a copy of a local lunch truck... ingredients are the same either way... its just how you cut or blend.

No blend:

Chop up: Serrano peppers, red onion, cucumber, tomato... Mix with peeled and butterflied RAW shrimp. Fill with Lime juice until it covers everything (Lime cooks the Shrimp) Add Salt, Pepper, sliced Avocado. (Smaller shrimp or cut in half are better here)

Blended:

Blend lime juice with Serrano peppers salt & pepper. Poor over larger slices of onion, cucumber, tomato and Avocado and butterflied RAW shrimp.

Thanks! :thumb: Can't wait to try this out Sunday

Brute

Hooked

No blend:

Blended:

It’s similar to ceviche...I’m going to try it with some fresh halibut or snapper...thanks for the recipe...

jesse3638

Hooked
Whipped up some Mac and cheese from scratch to go with some grilled wings.
View attachment 334692

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Looks good. You make it like I do. More sauce than pasta so it doesn't get dry. You missed out on the 2016 rockin rubicon it's what I brought with me. Bacon, Jalepeno mac n cheese. I finally had my recipe perfected then Lisa goes and get's diagnosed with Ciliacs. Any idea how to make a good roux without wheat flour? Can any "alternative" foulrs be used? Trying to come up with a good gluten free option. Any help is much appreciated.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks good. You make it like I do. More sauce than pasta so it doesn't get dry. You missed out on the 2016 rockin rubicon it's what I brought with me. Bacon, Jalepeno mac n cheese. I finally had my recipe perfected then Lisa goes and get's diagnosed with Ciliacs. Any idea how to make a good roux without wheat flour? Can any "alternative" foulrs be used? Trying to come up with a good gluten free option. Any help is much appreciated.

I’m sure any flour can be used. You may just have to run it through a chinois to keep it smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked

My father has the same... it’s a challenge for sure but his wife makes really good meals for him. Gluten free flour is a thing for sure... My wife uses Coconut flour a lot, just because.

jesse3638

Hooked
My father has the same... it’s a challenge for sure but his wife makes really good meals for him. Gluten free flour is a thing for sure... My wife uses Coconut flour a lot, just because.

Thanks for the help with this. It's different but not entirely impossible. Eating out can be the hard part at times.

Top Bottom