Watcha cookin'?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I picked up one of these silicone mats a while back to cover mine once mine does have a lid and from what I read the lids are cheap aluminum or stamped steel anyway. Works well for keeping crap off the griddle.
View attachment 390394
Been getting tons of ads about that cover lol. Mine has a lid and I put a cover over it but was thinking of getting this as well.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
make sure you use a quality oil with a high smoke point as well. Avacado works well or a good Evoo.

also with our humidity you have to make sure it doesn’t rust if it’s gonna be a while in between uses. It’s no problem bringing it back to a clean surface, just a pain in the dock
I have been using the blackstone conditioning stuff for the first season and just good ol canola oil since. For summer time I may not worry about it to much then when winter comes it may get moved to the basement or just a heavy seasoning between uses.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Gave my first go at some smash burgers and fried onion tonight. Didn’t take pics while cooking cause I was in hyper focus mode but they came out awesome! Super juicy, hard seer, and most importantly not too greasy! Didn’t add any extra oil since I applied it after last cook and they came out awesome!
IMG_2782.jpeg

Andy5160

Hooked
Gave my first go at some smash burgers and fried onion tonight. Didn’t take pics while cooking cause I was in hyper focus mode but they came out awesome! Super juicy, hard seer, and most importantly not too greasy! Didn’t add any extra oil since I applied it after last cook and they came out awesome!
View attachment 390446
Seems like you figured it out. !!!
Meets and greeats at West Chester???

Top Bottom