Watcha cookin'?

WJCO

Meme King
Got a new deep fryer yesterday. Cooked all kind of stuff tonight. Pickles, mushrooms, shrimp, and mac&cheese nuggets.

IMG_20190210_173343_074.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Philly cheese steak?

Yep, friend of ours recommended to check out Barnes Foundation Gallery In Philadelphia and being it is only two hours drive we drove there and it was 100% worth it. $25 billion worth of art. So of course I had to end the trip with philly cheese steak it was great.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Yep, friend of ours recommended to check out Barnes Foundation Gallery In Philadelphia and being it is only two hours drive we drove there and it was 100% worth it. $25 billion worth of art. So of course I had to end the trip with philly cheese steak it was great.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven't had a real Philly cheese steak in 12 years...at Jim's on South St on the east side. wiz wit onions...

jesse3638

Hooked
Yep, I found a place that makes really good stone ground ones. I don't like the flour ones after having these.

Edit: Whole Foods also sells a brand that's pretty good too.

Mexican Food Rule of thumb: Corn tortillas for tacos, flout tortillas for burritos. Unless its a Del-Taco soft taco then flour is OK..;)

A few years ago we took a road trip to my family's cottage in Northern WI, UP of MI area. I went to the market to get tortillas for grilled chicken tacos. Could not find corn so I asked. The lady didn't even seem to know what I was talking about...haha. That is the one thing CA has going for it is the Mexican food. It just never compares anywhere else.

Ddays

Hooked
Mexican Food Rule of thumb: Corn tortillas for tacos, flout tortillas for burritos. Unless its a Del-Taco soft taco then flour is OK..;)

A few years ago we took a road trip to my family's cottage in Northern WI, UP of MI area. I went to the market to get tortillas for grilled chicken tacos. Could not find corn so I asked. The lady didn't even seem to know what I was talking about...haha. That is the one thing CA has going for it is the Mexican food. It just never compares anywhere else.

My daughter brought her college buddy home from college last year whose parents emigrated from Mexico. She taught me how to make authentic tacos, salsas, etc while she was there. So ya, now I'm completely spoiled.
I just got a tortilla press, so I'm gonna try to step up my taco game! ;)

longarmwj

My daughter brought her college buddy home from college last year whose parents emigrated from Mexico. She taught me how to make authentic tacos, salsas, etc while she was there. So ya, now I'm completely spoiled.

My best friends mother is Latina. Homemade sopas, menudo, tacos, empanadas, etc. such good food.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked

Yeah I seem to remember you posting about that. Anytime I can find a local place that uses homemade tortillas you know its a winner.

Top Bottom