Water crossings pic request

Aldonoward3

I know that we aren't supposed to speed into water nor cross water with much current but with all these lifted JKS on this forum I'd like to see pics or even videos of y'all's rigs in deep water. I'm only running 5.5 inches of lift and have had her up to the headlights...

Any snorkel recommendations? Any cons of certain snorkels?

Let's see those deep jeeps!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420355032.096760.jpg

nelsonrullan

Crossing a river in Veracruz Mexico, safari snorkel and breather ext. for tranfer case, trans and both diff's.

Attachments

• 1420359241383.jpg
    1420359241383.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:

LeighP

No pics to share, but I chose the AEV snorkel as its the least intrusive under the hood, the simplest design by far and all of the snorkel is at or above the airbox intake level.
They don't work with some aftermarket flares, though....which could be a consideration for you.

Wizard

This was before I had an AEV snorkel fitted. It was a short, deep, and fast flowing crossing. I actually taped up around the bonnet near the air box to keep the water out.

Attachments

• 1420367157237.jpg
    1420367157237.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 471

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420371544.145414.jpg he went under fully this was after he re appeared. It was a reckless move on his behalf but he had a horseshoe up his ass. Our 4th crossing of Lake Michigan and be decied to take the deeper route...I'm lifted and sit much higher than him and I was worried in spots. His rig was 3 weeks old af that point. When I finally got it back to shore and sent all the other rigs behind us back I tore apart the intake and cleaned a few things and she started right up.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
View attachment 117663 he went under fully this was after he re appeared. It was a reckless move on his behalf but he had a horseshoe up his ass. Our 4th crossing of Lake Michigan and be decied to take the deeper route...I'm lifted and sit much higher than him and I was worried in spots. His rig was 3 weeks old af that point. When I finally got it back to shore and sent all the other rigs behind us back I tore apart the intake and cleaned a few things and she started right up.

Man, stupid is what stupid does. lucky indeed.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As long as the water doesn't go over the top of your tires and you go slow enough you will be fine :thumb:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420382479.484319.jpg .

Mitrig

Wow! Any more pics or video of this?
I will try to put together all the pictures I have from that incident we literally spent the whole day crossing over from one side of Lake Michigan to Silverlake repeatedly and we all did fine until he decided to take the lead which was likely the reason why he went under since he was the least experienced. This also means I may have to ask my ex-girlfriend for the videos since she was the one that stayed in the rate and didn't jump in the water to help hook him up so she was taking the pictures and the videos so I will see what I can find ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420386165.426976.jpg that there is the other picture that I had taken since I was carrying my phone and snapping a few pictures of the scenery then I turned saw this and instantly snapped a picture then open my window and jumped out

ClarksAdventures

Silly question because I don't get the chance for many deep water crossing in the PNW. How well does the jeep keep out water from the interior? Growing up we always had old trucks that would just start flooding the floor pans when it came up to the bottom of he door.

Armydog

Silly question because I don't get the chance for many deep water crossing in the PNW. How well does the jeep keep out water from the interior? Growing up we always had old trucks that would just start flooding the floor pans when it came up to the bottom of he door.

My TJ doesn't. I get wet feet!.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

That's what the Drain plugs are for.

Top Bottom