Waterproofing a jk. (Breather hose relocation)

RubiHB

NFRs2000NYC, you're right, it is, it was not under the extended IIRC. Something about power train only. Oiled/lubbed parts or something. Will pull out the paperwork later.

I was planning on more of a plasti-dip, like the handles of channel lock pliars and such. Whole thing 6" past the connectors into the harmess. Just need to look at how much heat it would hold in.

DrunkWoods

Could you not buy a small harbor freight air pump mount it under the hood pie a relay and switch to the inside. Connect all breather tubes. When ever you go through water switch it on. BAMN problem solved

MICP3309

Could you not buy a small harbor freight air pump mount it under the hood pie a relay and switch to the inside. Connect all breather tubes. When ever you go through water switch it on. BAMN problem solved

Not sure if I read this right. But if you put a pump onto the breather tubes, you will create a vacuum and pull diff fluid, tranny fluid, and transfer case fluid, all into the said air pump. The breather tubes are to allow the pressure change at temperature, and thus allow air to enter and leave those components. If your intent was to add air to the system, then you will increase the pressure in the components, and increase the temp of the fluids. (Same thing has happened to those extending the breather tubes into the air intake box, a vacuum created, drawing fluids into the air box.) Follow Eddie's write up on Project JK for extended the hoses. I ran mine to a block with a vent, against the fire wall..

Last edited:
Top Bottom