Wave for the Motor City!

WxNerd2015

Hello all! I apologies as I did not do this right when I joined, its been about a little less than a month on here for me now! I have been reading this forum for a while and keeping tabs but I finally decided to join as I want to be part of your community and be able to ask questions and give my input on everything, as well as share the knowledge that I have learned about my jeep with y'all! I am from the Livonia, MI area, which is just outside Detroit, MI. I am a recent grad (May 2015) form the University of Oklahoma with my B.S. in Meteorology! I am recently engaged also (August 2015), but most importantly for this forum, I have been a Jeeper for 1+ years! I purchased my '11 JK Sport S in May of '14 with only 10K miles on it, and have been loving every second of it! It's my dream vehicle and I am so happy to be able to have it now! Look for me lots on here hopefully as I have a build page and will be doing write ups of all the mods that I do, and hopefully I can help some of you out along the way as you all have already done a lot! Thanks for your time!

WxNerd2015

WxNerd2015

Oh yeah! And here's some pics of my Jeep!

First Day home from the dealer in May 2014:
20140514_103056.jpg
20140513_192610.jpg

Some off-roading fun down in Oklahoma in October 2014:
20141026_130137.jpg
20141026_130149.jpg
20141026_130200.jpg
20141026_130207.jpg
20141030_180458.jpg

Storm Chase in May 2015 in Central Oklahoma (This did drop a tornado that was an EF3/EF4 that went through Norman, OK and a few towns to the SW):
20150506_163943.jpg

Last edited:

xkid

Welcome from just over the boarder. Why school in Oklahoma? Was it the best place for the program you wanted to take.

WxNerd2015

Welcome from just over the boarder. Why school in Oklahoma? Was it the best place for the program you wanted to take.

One of the best meteorology programs in the country! Plus, the building that houses the Storm Prediction Center, the National Severe Storms Laboratory, other high end weather research for the entire country, as well at the local National Weather Service, the Oklahoma Mesonet, which is called the National Weather Center is also where all my classes were located! So many, many opportunities and experiences to be able to get involved in and research! Plus, my major interest is Great Plains severe weather, as well as Great Lakes snow storms, and for the Great Plains severe weather, no where was better cuz it put me right in the middle of it! So not just classes with books, but real field experience and studies as well!

Top Bottom