Wave from Arizona

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I spy Cinder Hills!

Welcome - good looking rig you have there, Gil :thumb:

Yup! Definitely gonna need LS power in the cinders. Good luck with Arizona and Motech. It’s gonna be a nice build. There was a time in AZ when if you could get it between the frame rails and it could pass emissions for the vehicle year it was a done deal. Back in ‘85 a local Phx speed shop dropped a bored out 454 into my ‘78 GMC short wheelbase. I took it to emissions when it was due. No issues, no questions, no paperwork. The good ‘ol days. Sigh!

preeb

Nice Jeep. Welcome to WAL

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome from Tennessee. Great looking rig. I have an Arizona question. Does anyone run the whole Great Western Trail in AZ, and if so, what is it like?

Welcome from Detroit! Looks like an amazing build. Can’t wait to see it come together

Welcome from AZ

Thank you!

preeb

I spy Cinder Hills!

Welcome - good looking rig you have there, Gil :thumb:

The Cinders OHV Area it is.
Fun day doing 14 corners race track, steep Figure 8 (you stop you flip) and dropping into the volcano crater.. easy to get in and very hard to pull out (-;
This volcanic gravel is like quick sand and very different than any other terrain so it is a very unique experience.
Here's a few photos taken by the Phoenix East Valley 4X4 group members

View attachment 306231
View attachment 306232
View attachment 306234
View attachment 306235
View attachment 306233

Last edited:

preeb

Welcome to WAL

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup! Definitely gonna need LS power in the cinders. Good luck with Arizona and Motech. It’s gonna be a nice build. There was a time in AZ when if you could get it between the frame rails and it could pass emissions for the vehicle year it was a done deal. Back in ‘85 a local Phx speed shop dropped a bored out 454 into my ‘78 GMC short wheelbase. I took it to emissions when it was due. No issues, no questions, no paperwork. The good ‘ol days. Sigh!

It is still easy in AZ except for Phoenix and Tucson but I feel it 's going to be fully enforced across the 48 very soon...
Still, it is legally possible to do the LS thing as long as the rules are clear, which they will be once the dust settles.

preeb

Us Arizonans have a lot of good members here, glad to count you among them.
Dig the purple by the way!

Glad to be here.
That purple is an ugly duckling. Was the ugliest left over JK on the lot in 12/31 (last JK batch from Jeep) and they gave me a deal I couldn't pass on.
Couldn't care less for the color but once the build started to take shape it actually works.

preeb

Us Arizonans have a lot of good members here, glad to count you among them.
Dig the purple by the way!

Welcome and I hope to see you on a trail out here soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome from Chicagoland 👋

Welcome to Wayalife!

Welcome from Glendale Az.

Welcome to Wayalife

Welcome to WAL from Indiana!

Thank you!

Top Bottom