Wave from Byron IL!

speed3d

Hey!
First off- I do not yet own a jeep & am just dreaming & being jealous of you guys & watching the build threads & such. Been lurking here for quite awhile- been on workmens comp for a year & 3 months, so plenty of time. Finally had knee surgery in sept, so am only a couple months away from going back to work ( and that much closer to being able to join you guys).
Anyway- grew up in southwest CO wheeling w/my dad in a ww2 willys. almost totally stock & he would take that thing anywhere! Scared the shit out of me bad enough I got out and walked a couple times! He bought it in Denver back in 1972 (if I remember right)& he still owns it, and still hasn't modified or restored it. He also has a cherry late '90s Cherokee that he has wheeled a bit out there, and he also took my niece wheeling this last summer in a rented rubicon up in the Ouray area( which is mostly where we went when I was a kid). Needless to say he brings back tons of photos every year, and I am more than a bit jealous!
In the past I have been racing mountain bikes(cannondale), off-road dirt-bikes(KTM), snowboarding, etc, to satisfy my need for kicks. Also built a 2000 Trans Am thinking I would get into racing that- wish now that I would have spent the 40 grand on a jeep (so over the race-car thing)! The last couple years I have been doing less & less due to the wear some of these activities have caused to my body over the years, so am hoping to get into jeeping next year to satisfy my need for adventure(& adrenaline).
So; to make a long story longer- just wanted to introduce myself as I see big offense taken when guys comment & haven't waved, yet. I doubt you'll hear much out of me until I actually purchase my unlimited rubicon, but just know that we the dreamers are out here & really appreciate your build threads & comments on products, companies, and the like while we plan our future builds & adventures( everyone needs goals, right?).

Top Bottom