Wave from Cypress Texas :)

marielord25

Thanks Everyone!!! Hopefully some of ya'll will be at the Dallas meet up this weekend and I'll get to formally introduce myself :D

marielord25

Meet Ratchet 💚

Attachments

• 1470936063084.jpg
    1470936063084.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 1470936073401.jpg
    1470936073401.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 1470936085436.jpg
    1470936085436.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 43

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
WOW! AWESOME color! Needs 4" lift and 37s though... ;) let us know when you are ready :yup::thumb::cheesy:

Flat Top

Howdy and Welcome! I'm in The Woodlands right now but will be moving to Cypress soon.

Edit: Great looking Jeep! Love the color.

Last edited:

marielord25

I know I want the 4" lift, haven't decided on 35 or 37s yet. Not sure on the brand... all advice is totally welcome :) I do plan on taking her out into some intense situations but it's also my daily driver

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I know I want the 4" lift, haven't decided on 35 or 37s yet. Not sure on the brand... all advice is totally welcome :) I do plan on taking her out into some intense situations but it's also my daily driver

If you go with 35's you WILL be able to tackle just about anything in Texas you are going to do with normal Jeep peeps, and a 3" lift will "look right". Bumping up to 37s & 4" lift has additional costs in order to build it reliable, not just a high steer kit, but you will be able to drive up and over what friends on 35s are pulling cable (winch lines) for...

If I can make a suggestion, you will hear it 10,000 times, 3" or 4" Evo Manufacturing Enforcer paired with DECENT shocks. I run the same springs with Bilstein 5100 shocks, and IMO the shocks are "a little harsh on the street" but not bad enough to justify additional costs at this time. general acceptable shocks around here are:
Bilstein 5100s
Rancho 9000s
King 2.0s
King 2.5s (shocks I plan on upgrading to if I decide to stay with a traditional spring/shock suspension)

I went 37s and 4" and I have never second guessed it. not ONCE did I wish I had just had 35s. But I try to wheel as often as I can. Also, I'm not interested in Mud, or Salt water. So every wheeling trip takes me 3hrs minimum from home. hense the importance of building for reliability being that come Monday, I'm taking the jeep to work all week long.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Man thats a nice ass color! Great choice.
As mentioned, if you want to do some more technical stuff with your jeep. And seeing that you probably dont want to cut your nice looking fenders. I second going with the 3" enforcer lift and 35s. 37s opens another can of worms. I say 3 inches because it moves your steering stabilizer (the little shock thing in the lower front of your jeep) out of the way because it will get smashed to poop and will have to keep buying new ones (ask me how i know). I like that my jeep is low, but every time i go wheeling im always taking my stabilizer off so i dont have to smash it and and buy another one.

But i will say, since your rig is brand new. Take it out at least a hand full of times and enjoy what you have for the time being. Youll be amazed what a stock Rubicon can do. Test out the capablitites in its stock form. Then youll be able to know just how much of a difference a lift and bigger tires can make. :thumb:

Exodus 4x4

Man thats a nice ass color! Great choice.
As mentioned, if you want to do some more technical stuff with your jeep. And seeing that you probably dont want to cut your nice looking fenders. I second going with the 3" enforcer lift and 35s. 37s opens another can of worms. I say 3 inches because it moves your steering stabilizer (the little shock thing in the lower front of your jeep) out of the way because it will get smashed to poop and will have to keep buying new ones (ask me how i know). I like that my jeep is low, but every time i go wheeling im always taking my stabilizer off so i dont have to smash it and and buy another one.

But i will say, since your rig is brand new. Take it out at least a hand full of times and enjoy what you have for the time being. Youll be amazed what a stock Rubicon can do. Test out the capablitites in its stock form. Then youll be able to know just how much of a difference a lift and bigger tires can make. :thumb:

Trust me, Nick knows......
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471013414.690528.jpg

Top Bottom