Wave from Macomb, Michigan

15unlimited

Hey everyone. Just joined the forum a few weeks ago. Found Wayalife after seeing the banners on all the Jeep pictures I was coming across. I have recently purchased a 2015 JKU sport, my first Wrangler but 2nd Jeep. I plan on putting a small lift 2-2.5" and 33" tires in the near future. Ima sure the other mods will start shortly after! I've been searching around for the best kits to use to maintain a factory (or better) ride while still offering a little off road performance. Currently looking at the RC 2.5 suspension kit with shocks or a pro comp 2.5 kit. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 34
Hello
I'm looking at 2.5" also but going 35's. I have RC shocks and a couple other parts on my XJ with RE springs and the shocks are rough.

Welcome to WOL! If you are going to get Rough Country and want to maintain the factory ride their Series 2 budget boost is a good option. It is what I am currently running with 35s.

Welcome to WOL! If you are going to get Rough Country and want to maintain the factory ride their Series 2 budget boost is a good option. It is what I am currently running with 35s.

What is your mpg like? I have a 60 mile round trip commute so I'm worried about losing much more. I'm currently getting about 17.5 so I imagine even with 33's I'm going to drop considerably. I'm probably going to go with duratracs or Nitto terra grapplers.

Mr ty do you have 2.0 or 2.2 shocks? My xj has the 2.2 and there stiff.

I am running the stock Rubicon shocks with the shock extension brackets

What is your mpg like? I have a 60 mile round trip commute so I'm worried about losing much more. I'm currently getting about 17.5 so I imagine even with 33's I'm going to drop considerably. I'm probably going to go with duratracs or Nitto terra grapplers.

I get 15-16 mpg if I stay under 65mph and that is with Toyo M/Ts. 33" A/Ts wont have that big of an impact and is a good option since you drive so far each day. If you get a programmer as well your mpg loss might not be noticeable. :thumbup:

Welcome from northern michigan. I looked into RC and decided against it due to reading some horror stories about ride and longevity issues.

What did you end up going with?

I went with clayton offroad. It's a little pricy but the quality is very good. I just got the 3.5 entry kit. It only comes with upper adjustable arms. And comes with almost everything you need. I think bump stops were the only thing I had to get that wasn't in the kit. Can't remember if shocks were included or not. Northridge has 10% off and free shipping when you use the wayalife code.

Thanks for the welcome and input everyone. I'm still researching as this is my only vehicle currently. I want to stay mild for now so I can still daily drive it, but I don't have a problem spending a little cash for a better product. I also don't want to over do it for only a 2.5" lift.

Top Bottom