Wave from Northern Utah

RubyinUtah

Hey everyone, Just joined the forum so I wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am on my 2nd JKU and the current one is a decently modded 12 Rubi. We moved to Utah last year from the midwest and have enjoyed hitting trails here and in Colorado. We have met some great friends/jeepers here and in Colorado. Looking forward to talking with and meeting some of you guys.

Kevin

Last edited:
Welcome, IMHO the best JK forum around. As long as you can take a jab here and there and LOVE EVO products you'll fit in fine. :beer:

RubyinUtah

Thanks for the welcomes. I am in Farmington so looking forward to meeting you guys.

As far as the jabs and products, its great to have discussions about products with people that actually use the products and I am not sensitive so I am going to like it here. I run a lot of TF parts because I believe they make great components and now that I am in Utah I can even stop by their shop and talk with them if necessary.

Here is a couple pictures from last weeks trip to Ouray with some friends. Mine is the red one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375445020.134550.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375445034.345713.jpg

Last edited:

matt08jk

Welcome to WAYALIFE! Nice rig. My wife and I are thinking about moving out to the SLC/Provo area in about a year and half. Good move or is more up north better?

RubyinUtah

Matt In my opinion it depends if you are LDS or not. It seems that southern part of the valley is more LDS based than central SLC or areas like Layton and Ogden. We aren't LDS but the primary reason we chose to be on the north side is my wife's family is all up north. Most of the LDS people are great people and are very family oriented but we like our beliefs and our rights and sometimes the two don't always mix.

Have you spent much time in the area?

Last edited:

Topper

Welcome to Wayalife!! Family Brother I'm also from Utah I'm located over the mountain through the woods in a small town called Fort Duchesne UT

matt08jk

Matt In my opinion it depends if you are LDS or not. It seems that southern part of the valley is more LDS based than central SLC or areas like Layton and Ogden. We aren't LDS but the primary reason we chose to be on the north side is my wife's family is all up north. Most of the LDS people are great people and are very family oriented but we like our beliefs and our rights and sometimes the two don't always mix.

Have you spent much time in the area?

We haven't been out at all but just love what we read about it. My wife and I are both in the Army and have lived in Alabama, SE North Carolina, Korea and Afghanistan over the last 8 years. Its time to move somewhere with mountains and some outdoor life. I get what you are saying about the LDS. We are not LDS. Thanks for the info, we may look more up north!

RubyinUtah

Topper - you aren't to far away at all. When you plan to go wheeling let me know.

Matt - I grew up army and have moved around for my job so we have lived any many states and a few countries but for the best outdoors its hard to beat Utah or Colorado. Having the northern mountain areas and the southern desert areas is just one of the great things about Utah. Let me know when you are planning a visit so we can get together. We will be glad show you around if you are interested.

Last edited:

Spartan

Southern, ID. The Layton area is going to have a good mix none LDS people because of Hill Air Base.

Spartan

You can also get normal beer what UT calls "strong beer", and normal priced liquor on base. They have the best selection and prices in the area, because they can go by federal law instead of state law.

matt08jk

Topper - you aren't to far away at all. When you plan to go wheeling let me know.

Matt - I grew up army and have moved around for my job so we have lived any many states and a few countries but for the best outdoors its hard to beat Utah or Colorado. Having the northern mountain areas and the southern desert areas is just one of the great things about Utah. Let me know when you are planning a visit so we can get together. We will be glad show you around if you are interested.

Will do for sure. Hopefully in a year and a half. We are going to try and visit sometime sooner than out to do some exploring. In the meantime, enjoy your mountains and desert (jealous). :D

Top Bottom