WAVE from Western PA

JKU12

I officially joined WAYALIFE today!
I live out in the boone docks of Western PA. I’m not completely new to the Jeep world, but did take a short break. I first fell in love with Jeeps when I purchase my first one in 2009. It was a 2000 TJ that I set-up for more rock crawling and technical wooded trails. It was an awesome trail rig, but not the best Daily Driver. I sold the Jeep in 2011 and went back to a pick-up (2006 Nissan frontier, which I put on 33’s w/ a 2.5 inch lift and armored the front with an ARB bumper ---after hitting deer on 4 separate occasions and then ripping off a pre-runner bumper that looked pretty but was def not meant to be used for anything).

But………now I’m back in a JEEP! After having the Wrangler bug in my blood, it was inevitable.

A few months ago I sold my truck and purchased a (slightly) used 2012 JK unlimited Sport (had less than 15K miles on it). It was already equipped with a 4 inch SkyJacker lift and 35’s (not a bad start and got it for a decent price).

I plan to build this Jeep as a road friendly vehicle that is capable of handling a wide variety of off-road obstacles. I want to keep the Jeep (which is also my DD) as tough, light and simple as possible while also making it extremely useful. I love to use Jeeps to explore and discover new places off the beaten path. I also love to camp, kayak and mountain bike. My build will likely favor the expedition/overland style. In the future, I would love to use my JKU for a month long trip from PA to “out west” (CO, UT, ID, etc.) to experience e some of our great nation’s beautiful parks, off-road recreation areas, and wildlife.

I discovered WAYALIFE after reading the BASS Camp article, which I found while surfing the web. I LOVE those type of trips and unique discoveries. I also feel very much connected to the respect of the land and wildlife which this group seems to share. I really liked that the BASS Camp article ended with a request to leave the area (and other areas that are discovered) cleaner than how they are found. I have always held these types of values, which seem to be lost by the majority of the population.

Sorry for the LONG “wave”. I appreciate the opportunity to be part of WAYALIFE and look forward to learning from ya’ll as well as sharing my own knowledge. Thanks!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your JKU:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom